Observations of an old guy

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am sitting with my youngest so she can get to sleep and I hear my wife and my oldest talking. I remembered when I was little and lying in bed, because of my bedtime, and I would hear people talking, I would be thinking how great it would be when I could stay up late like everyone else…..now, many MANY years later, I find myself thinking. I wish they would be quit talking so I could go to sleep

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah...those days, when you sear you will turn the night into day...then you can't wait for 8PM t roll around so you can go to bed without being too weird...

Night John-Boy......

Growing up suck left butt cheek!

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
In the last 10 years I can remember the 3 nights I slept through the night;
1) the night after my youngest was born
2) the next night
3) a night 6 years ago when it was really really hot outside and I finally got the AC working in a room so my wife and kids could sleep and I slept in a room without AC..... and I have no idea why I slept through the night that time...but I did

That's all folks

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You know you’re getting old when a fortune teller offers to read your face.

You know you’re getting old when after painting the town red, you have to take a long rest before applying a second coat.

You know you’re getting old when all you want for your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.

You know you’re getting old when at the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.

You know you’re getting old when dialing long distance wears you out.

You know you’re getting old when almost everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work right.

You know you’re getting old when it takes twice as long -- to look half as good.

You know you're getting old when it takes too much effort to procrastinate.

You know you’re getting old when it takes two tries to get up from the couch.

You know you’re getting old when the best part of your day is over when your alarm clock goes off.

You know you’re getting older when the little gray-haired lady you help across the street is your wife.

You know you’re getting old when the pharmacist has become your new best friend.

You know you’re getting old when the twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection from the sun on your bifocals.

You know you’re getting old when you and your teeth don't sleep together.

You know you’re getting old when you burn the midnight oil until 9 P.M.

You know you’re getting old when you can’t stand people who are intolerant.

You know you’re getting old when you finally get it all together and can’t remember where you put it.

You know you’re getting old when you get worn out dialing long distance.

You know you’re getting old when you have more hair in your ears and nose than on your head.

You know you’re getting old when you look forward to a dull evening.

You know you’re getting old when your back goes out more often than you do.

You know you’re getting old when you’re 17 around the neck, 42 around the waist, and 96 around the golf course.

You know you’re getting old when you regret all those mistakes resisting temptation.

You know you’re getting old when you remember today that your wedding anniversary was yesterday.

You know you’re getting old when you resent the annual swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated because there are fewer articles to read.

You know you’re getting old when you say something to your kids that your mother said to you, and you always hated it.

You know you’re getting old when you step off a curb and look down one more time to make sure the street is still there.

You know you’re getting old when your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.

You know you’re getting old when your favorite section of the newspaper is “25 Years Ago Today.”

You know you’re getting old when your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.

You know you’re getting old when your idea of weight lifting is standing up.

You know you’re getting old when your knees buckle but your belt won’t.

You know you’re getting old when your mind writes checks that your body can’t cash.

You know you’re getting older when your pacemaker makes the garage door go up when you watch a pretty girl go by.

You know you’re getting old when your sex drive shifts from cruise control to neutral.

You know you’re getting old when you sink your teeth into a steak -- and they stay there.

You know you’re getting old when most of the names in your little black book end with M.D.

You know you’re getting older when you sit in a rocking chair and can’t get it going.

You know you’re getting old when you try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

You know you’re getting old when you turn out the light for economics rather than romantic reasons.

You know you’re getting old when you walk with your head high trying to get used to your bifocals.

You know you’re getting old when you tell your doctor you are not dead and he argues with you. (Mark Twain)

You know you’re getting old when you wonder how you could be over the hill when you don't even remember being on top of it.

You know you’re getting old when it takes you longer to recover from having sex than to have it in the first place.

You know you’re getting old when more than half of this list pertains to YOU!

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score

You know you’re getting old when you get worn out dialing long distance.

You know you’re getting old when you have more hair in your ears and nose than on your head.

You know you’re getting old when more than half of this list pertains to YOU!

You're getting old when you can remember dialing a phone.

What does it mean if more than half the list pertains to oneself? :hmm:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What's the deal with old people not sleeping through the night? Are they worried about kids sneaking on to the lawn in the dark?

Latest Discussions