Obnoxious Bragging

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My sons and I competed at the Lone Star Open this weekend (it's a AAA NASKA tournament). I am SUCH a proud mama right now!

Both boys entered the 1st time breakers' division, and both got first place. Then my 8 year old got first in his sparring division, and my 10 year old got 2nd in his! I was only able to see their last 2 fights (I was competing in another ring), but I was thrilled at how well they did--their focus, their techniques, their stamina--but, most of all, their sportsmanship. Both of them made a special effort to find their competitors after their divisions finished and tell them "Good match!" I'm glowing just thinking about it.

Oh, and I did okay, too. 1st place in all 5 of my divisions. Yay!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Splendid. Most hearty congratulations, Stac3y. You have a right to be proud; most particularly of the attitude displayed by your sons.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey, if you can't brag on this forum, where else could you go? Well done!
icon14.gif

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Show off!!! Just kidding. Congrats to you all, job well done.
icon14.gif

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
After all that, I'm going to assume they'll have an entire section in the Ski (Sports Karate International) magazine, just for your family.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
it wouldn't mean much if it wasn't worth bragging about, great you guys earned it the only limit is not to become conceited. aside from that congratulations.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I read the title I was expecting something different. I did not see anything obnoxious or any bragging, just someone being proud of some accomplishments.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When I read the title I was expecting something different. I did not see anything obnoxious or any bragging, just someone being proud of some accomplishments.
I suspect the title may have been created somewhat tongue in cheek. ;)

Latest Discussions