NRA members!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like any organization I am a part of junk mails me to death! That is why I have selectively slowed down being apart of so many organizations through the years. Junk mail me and you do not get my money.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It seems like any organization I am a part of junk mails me to death! That is why I have selectively slowed down being apart of so many organizations through the years. Junk mail me and you do not get my money.
Yep that's why I wont join the NRA. I sent for info once and still get junk mail from them. Save some of the coin and use it to lobby to let me buy AR15s again since I cant anymore in this state

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Plus you always get more then just the junk mail from the organization. You get the junk mail from the organization AND all the related organizations to whom they sell your contact info. If you want to track who sells you to whom, join with a distinct name and e-mail that you use exclusively with that org.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Save some of the coin and use it to lobby to let me buy AR15s again since I cant anymore in this state

You might look for a more local organization. I know that Texas has the Texas State Rifle Association. I've never joined, but their purpose seems very similar to the NRA, except focused strictly on Texas.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Today is a record day for receiving NRA mail. Got my 3rd renewal request since renewing 2 months ago. And a long letter from Oliver North on behalf of the NRA asking for yet another donation. I've donated a good amount of money to this cause but now I'm getting a little frustrated by the constant requests. I think instead, I'll make this donation to Bob here on MT. He's less annoying :)

Last edited:
OP
wimwag

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not trying to be confrontational, but is the junk mail really all that big an issue? Everyone gets it. Mailing lists are bought and sold daily over the internet. It's not just the NRA that asks for extra donations. By the way, the NRA doesn't give out info on its members. Only qualified 3rd party companies are allowed to advertise with the NRA. If you register your new dryer to activate the warranty you get put on a list. I get 90% of my junk mail from the insurance company I use for my 3 vehicles. Just throw it in the recycle bin like the rest of us. Considering the powerful lobby power the NRA holds (we the members, an armed and organized people), a few extra pieces of mail could be overlooked.

Put that membership card to good use and get some discounts! Sometimes private businesses will discount us even if it isn't a formal or advertised policy. Always ask!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not trying to be confrontational, but is the junk mail really all that big an issue? Everyone gets it. Mailing lists are bought and sold daily over the internet. It's not just the NRA that asks for extra donations. By the way, the NRA doesn't give out info on its members. Only qualified 3rd party companies are allowed to advertise with the NRA. If you register your new dryer to activate the warranty you get put on a list. I get 90% of my junk mail from the insurance company I use for my 3 vehicles. Just throw it in the recycle bin like the rest of us. Considering the powerful lobby power the NRA holds (we the members, an armed and organized people), a few extra pieces of mail could be overlooked.

Put that membership card to good use and get some discounts! Sometimes private businesses will discount us even if it isn't a formal or advertised policy. Always ask!
My only problem with the junk mail is its wasting my money I donated for the fight. They must spend a ton of money on these mailings that don't even get looked at by most. Spend the money better in my opinion

OP
wimwag

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My only problem with the junk mail is its wasting my money I donated for the fight. They must spend a ton of money on these mailings that don't even get looked at by most. Spend the money better in my opinion

My marketing expertise may be lost on some...and marketing is exactly what this is. The old mantra "gotta spend money to make money" is an absolute truth.

As an example, if $300k is spent printing and mailing these letters to every member (assuming it is an even 5 million), that's 17 cents per member, which isn't that much considering that they do get bulk mailing rates, 17 cents is certainly realistic. If 30% of the membership responds with a $5 donation, that's a $7.2million dollar profit.

In reality, the numbers may vary but I am using the textbook figures of a successful marketing campaign. Depending on economic and geopolitical issues, results can vary. Lately, the NRA has had an increase in membership, suggesting that a ramped up donation drive could be very successfully conducted. Considering that those who join are highly motivated and patriotic, I believe the NRA has a very high return rate regardless of political swings. 30% is a textbook ideal, but with donations averaging $5 per response, you would only need only 1.2% return to break even and 4% return to be a success.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My marketing expertise may be lost on some...and marketing is exactly what this is. The old mantra "gotta spend money to make money" is an absolute truth.

As an example, if $300k is spent printing and mailing these letters to every member (assuming it is an even 5 million), that's 17 cents per member, which isn't that much considering that they do get bulk mailing rates, 17 cents is certainly realistic. If 30% of the membership responds with a $5 donation, that's a $7.2million dollar profit.

In reality, the numbers may vary but I am using the textbook figures of a successful marketing campaign. Depending on economic and geopolitical issues, results can vary. Lately, the NRA has had an increase in membership, suggesting that a ramped up donation drive could be very successfully conducted. Considering that those who join are highly motivated and patriotic, I believe the NRA has a very high return rate regardless of political swings. 30% is a textbook ideal, but with donations averaging $5 per response, you would only need only 1.2% return to break even and 4% return to be a success.

Yeah I assume it works or they would stop it just looks bad to a lot of people like a waist of money and annoyance

Latest Discussions