NRA members!

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Who here besides me is an NRA member? Now I'm not debating your feelings on our organization, just wanting to meet other members. So how about it?

I'm an annual member, but need to pay my dues by next month. Been a member for 3 years now.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I am an on an off again member, I think currently off. Mostly I hate the never ending crapload of junk mail that membership with them seems to generate. The training DVD that they sent that I had to go out of my way to return or I would be automatically charged for it was the most irritating, and why I am not currently a member. I will probably join again once my irritation with that goes away.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life member and also member of Second Amendment Foundation, the two groups on a national level helping to defend gun rights.

OP
wimwag

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If I could spare the change, I'd be a life member. To make up for it, you can find me going door to door during elections.

Always armed, of course. Had people spit in my face, pull out baseball bats, show me their pocket knives, sic dogs on me, follow me shouting threats and once someone left a death threat in my mailbox. It feels good to be loved. Lol

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am an on an off again member, I think currently off. Mostly I hate the never ending crapload of junk mail that membership with them seems to generate. The training DVD that they sent that I had to go out of my way to return or I would be automatically charged for it was the most irritating, and why I am not currently a member. I will probably join again once my irritation with that goes away.

Ditto...was a member last year, will probably not re-up this year for some of the same reasons mentioned.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I didn't send mine back. The letter said you can keep it if you didn't want to sign up for it. But I agree, way too much junk mail from them.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I didn't send mine back. The letter said you can keep it if you didn't want to sign up for it. But I agree, way too much junk mail from them.

I didn't send mine back either, then they tried to bill me for it.

OP
wimwag

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I honestly have never seen these DVDs people keep talking about. Can someone enlighten me?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The one sent to me is titled PDN DVD Series. It's about combat focus shooting and home defense tips. They want you to sign up for the series where they send you a new dvd every so often and you are billed for it. The one I got is an introductory dvd where they hope I'll like it and sign up for the series. I haven't looked at it yet. Supposedly I don't have to pay for this one or return it since they sent it to me without my authorization.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Lifetime member of the NRA and the North American Hunting Club.

I got the DVDs last year. They weren't that great, and I sent it back.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I originally joined as required for range membership, but didn't renew after the deluge of junk mail. Now I have friends that work for SIG and I practice at their place instead ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm...I never received those videos...

As to the junk mail...I see it as a necessary evil to running a big organization like the NRA...to me it is worth getting the junk mail considering the importance of the organization. The Second Amendment Foundation is just as important, but they don't have the media presence that the NRA does and that is an important thing in the fight to keep firearms available to good people in this country. The forces arrayed against firearm ownership are vast, well funded and politically connected. If not for the NRA, our guns would have been made illegal a long time ago. If you like the ability to exercise your right to keep and carry firearms for protection and other activities...think about the need to support these pro-gun organizations and weigh that against having to toss out the extra mail...

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

As to the junk mail...I see it as a necessary evil to running a big organization like the NRA...to me it is worth getting the junk mail considering the importance of the organization. The Second Amendment Foundation is just as important, but they don't have the media presence that the NRA does and that is an important thing in the fight to keep firearms available to good people in this country. The forces arrayed against firearm ownership are vast, well funded and politically connected. If not for the NRA, our guns would have been made illegal a long time ago. If you like the ability to exercise your right to keep and carry firearms for protection and other activities...think about the need to support these pro-gun organizations and weigh that against having to toss out the extra mail...

What is the junkmail rate with the Second Amendment Foundation?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Or simply send a donation in an envelope without a return address. Enclose a note saying you support what they do and want to help financially in their efforts, but do not want to be on their mailing list. If you really want to be anonymous, send a money order instead of a check.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What is the junkmail rate with the Second Amendment Foundation?

It's not too bad. I just got the renewal for my membership, and I get a request for donations and a newsletter...that's about it. With the NRA, I just received the NRA catalog...never get anything through it though...

OP
wimwag

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Speaking of the catalog...does anyone own a crossfire rocket holster? Looks comfy.

Latest Discussions