Note Taking 101

S

Scott Bonner

Originally posted by meni

He absolutly great and as far as I know very accurate!

Good luck [/B]

I took a really quick look. Just goes to show how different people approach kenpo differently: he lists a lot of techniques as merely "optional" that I think of as core, key material, like Delayed Sword, Sword of Destruction, Alternating Maces, and Captured Twigs.

Oh, well. To each his/her own.

M

meni

I highly recommend the following web site:

http://www.pcwood.com/kenpo/

He absolutly great and as far as I know very accurate!

And a lot of the other web site took some information from him.

Good luck

I forgot to mention that the above site is according to the WKKA belt level requirements

M

meni

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Yes, the material is accurate but only for the WKKA and not necessarly other Kenpo Organizations although close.

:asian:

Good point however, is there any real deferent in the execution of the techniques?

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do the sayings.....
Do you do all the Pledges......
The Freestyle Techniques thru Green
All the Sets Stance Set 1 & 2
Coordination Sets 1 & 2
Finger Sets 1 & 2
etc.

p72:asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

M

meni

Do the sayings.....
Do you do all the Pledges......
The Freestyle Techniques thru Green
All the Sets Stance Set 1 & 2
Coordination Sets 1 & 2
Finger Sets 1 & 2
etc.

Some yes and some no
However in my request for defenses I meant the execution of a particle technique? Not order or requirements for belt level but are there a real defenses in the actual practice of the technique them self’s?

p72:asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes there are differences.

Joe Palanzo is in charge of his Organization WWKKA and he allows what he allows or not allows...... I have seen several in this organization with different curriculums.

M

meni

Yes there are differences.

Goldendragon7

Can you give some example for the differences and again not in the curriculum or requirement but in the actual techniques?

meni

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We are possibly talking about 2 different things.

I am talking about over all curriculums but, you have already stated that some you do some you don't.... (forms, sets, techniques), that was my point along with particular intreptatioin of what I had seen (which was different - I can't think of any particular individual technique at this time...... I would have to go over the material agian to pinpoint), I have already said that the material was basically close, from my point of view.

M

meni

Thank you
Do you think in your opinion that most EP schools have the same techniques list but maybe not in the same order?

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Anything is possible......:rofl: ranks are out of control ...... and all are involved it seems in personal agendas..... so Yes, many are mixing up curriculums and even creating new ones.

The greater challenge is; the quality of the whatever curriculums used and understanding of the American Kenpo Material seems to be less than it could be.

It's America.......... :)

Too bad the Brotherhood isn't become closer at the top, better communication and understanding would benefit all.

Just my opinions...

M

meni

Anything is possible......:rofl: ranks are out of control ...... and all are involved it seems in personal agendas..... so Yes, many are mixing up curriculums and even creating new ones.
Just my opinions...

With all the respect

Let me just summaries the above from what I gather form you: there is no different in performence of the actual techniques. but how ever there are differences in the curriculum
On this issue I fully understand anybody who want to change the order on which the techniques are tought or the time line or requirement the important thing is that the techniques will be transfer to the next generation!
As far as I have gathered Ed parker wasn’t interested in creating a new “religion’ par say he wanted his knowledge to developed and for example that the reason there are 16, 24 techniques system.

About the politics: .in my humble opinion its seems to me that everybody that is involve with politics (and doesn’t matter which) always blame or point a finger to the other maybe we can find a way to end this mayhem!

Meni

M

meni

ranks are out of control ...... and all are involved it seems in personal agendas.....

Just my opinions... [/B]

Again with all the respect

What the differences between a 5th 6th or 10th is all the same. Only time!

Isn’t normal that after certain amount of time one will be promoted to higher rank base on his or hers time in the system?
I’m sure that if ED Parker will be alive today many of the 10 degree bb will be now a Tenth Degree (based on 3-4 years per rank)

Meni

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let me just summaries the above from what I gather form you: there is no different in performence of the actual techniques. but how ever there are differences in the curriculum

About the politics: .in my humble opinion its seems to me that everybody that is involve with politics (and doesn’t matter which) always blame or point a finger to the other maybe we can find a way to end this mayhem!

LOL....... well, close...... I didn't say there is no difference in the "performance" There are many noticeable execution differences here in quality of execution... I did say that I can't recall any specific technique differences.... and that I would have to go over the techniques to "pin point" my points.

I am with you.... a constructive cooperation is needed to end as you say, the Mayhem! LOL let me know how we can attack this.:)

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score

I am with you.... a constructive cooperation is needed to end as you say, the Mayhem! LOL let me know how we can attack this.:)

This is easy to solve, Dennis.

Lets all do it MY way. (I'm too old to change, or argue)

Les

M

meni

Thank you,

Here is one

Can we find somebody that all or almost all kenpo (EP it is)

Respect or at list will listen to have that individual work a meeting with all the heads and then maybe the local guys will follow suit.
This step one

2. Trying to arrange a global convention again with all willing participants
3. Teaching in the local school that the other person isn’t wrong and have some (I know not to much) respect to other kenpo brother and sisters.

Yes I know it all most a dream but it better then the current nightmare!

P.S.

I come from Israel where some time dreams are the only way in the nightmare of life!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know about everybody else but.... I teach the entire Ed Parker System, I know there are others and that could be a start..... who in your camp wants to sit down and go over curriculums..?

:confused:

Latest Discussions