Not all kids are defenseless

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I hope he gets an infection, followed by gangegreen, and then it falls off.

She did a good job!

OP
K

Kirk

If she'd have studied martial arts, she could have potentially
done more damage to "it". :D

OP
F

fist of fury

yeah too bad she had no kali knife training.

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
That reminds me of something one of my instructors said. He has a younger daughter and he told us one day: "We have a rule around my house - Little boys keep it in their pants or they take it home in their back pocket."

OP
S

Shinzu

it is very important for kids to have the knowledge to defend themselves these days whether it be MA training or other means. there are too many dangers that await our young generation. she did what she needed to do to survive!

OP
D

DJDragon

Ouuuuch! Thats gotta hurt.

Betcha that little boy wont try that again in a hurry!

OP
L

LanceWildcat1

Not all kids are defenseless

My son is confined to a wheelchair because of Spina Bifida. He has learned, through experience and practice, some very good defenses to things that kids like to do to tease those in wheelchairs! Some are very painful! He is about to embark on a learning experience with my instructor, who I have asked to teach him some close-in and ground move's. Anyone who's ever been whacked in the shin's with a wheelchair knows that they can be an effective weapon!! My son wants to learn as much as he can do with the martial arts, and I am in favor of it. He has a great disposition, so I am confident that he will not use his art's for anything other than self defense. :asian:

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by LanceWildcat1

My son is confined to a wheelchair because of Spina Bifida. He has learned, through experience and practice, some very good defenses to things that kids like to do to tease those in wheelchairs! Some are very painful! He is about to embark on a learning experience with my instructor, who I have asked to teach him some close-in and ground move's. Anyone who's ever been whacked in the shin's with a wheelchair knows that they can be an effective weapon!! My son wants to learn as much as he can do with the martial arts, and I am in favor of it. He has a great disposition, so I am confident that he will not use his art's for anything other than self defense. :asian:

It's also possible that maybe he can eventually teach others.
Maybe he can train in multiple styles, and techniques and
develop an art for others that are confined in wheelchairs. That'd
be a hell of a gift to give!

OP
L

LanceWildcat1

As far as teaching, that will have to be a decision he'll make, I'm sure, after school. There are very few who effectively teach the disabled to defend themselves, and there are few wheelchair competitor's in the martial arts. I've seen one wheelchair competitor on television, and he was doing a demonstration, because no other wheelchair competitor was available. In the future, I think that we'll see more disabled competing in the martial arts, as more and more disabled seek to learn to defend themselves on the street.:)