Non martial artists teaching children to punch and karate 'chop'

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Children do not typically learn complex skills (like sports movements) quickly without help. Remember, we're not talking about kids having ages to learn this - it's a single activity period. You're getting very lost in your arguments, losing track of what we're actually discussing.
you turned the discussion to bats.
I've given up on the other one, people were just being silly

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, regardless of whether karate is well taught or not, I do wish that the Girl Scouts of America were still like how I believe Tez3 runs the guides in the UK. This program seems like what I had hoped for in the GSA, but I would be very surprised if a girl scouts group did anything at all beyond selling cookies. Maybe there are some terrific troop leaders out there, but I haven't had found them yet.

If the brownie troop had done even this karate activity, maybe we'd still be involved.

I don't hold with gender specific scouts.

We dont have them.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. Someone tell me what we have that's like that. Is there anything like that left in America???
Nothing I'm aware of. I'm with DB on this. While there are some advantages to be had from gender-specific opportunities, I think there's more to be gained from both genders learning to work in a mixed-gender situation.

Latest Discussions