Ninjutsu Suppliers

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Satt,

You may notice that the sizing on tabi (both indoor and outdoor [jika tabi]) aer not like other typical shoe sizings. In fact, they start at 23 and go to about 33, so looking for a size 11 may be a frustrating thing....

To measure yourself for tabi, simply take a tape measure to your foot (from the end of your heel through to the end of your big toe), and find that measurement in centimetres. That's your size! For example I am a size 28.

You'll find that that measurement style is pretty universal for tabi, pretty much wherever you get them from, so once you find your size, you'll be set and safe to order from whomsoever you prefer.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
They also shrink half a centimeter or so when you wash them, even if washing them does not constitute more than sloshing them around in lukewarm water with a bit of soap. So if you come up at 28.5 cm, it's better to round to 29 because otherwise they'll really be uncomfortable after the first time you washed them.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Indoor tabi, yes. Jika tabi don't really get washed (and from Satt's post, mentioning "tabi boots" I get the feeling that that is what we are talking about here) so it's less of a concern. That said, I would still go with Bruno and round up, rather than down.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
They also shrink half a centimeter or so when you wash them, even if washing them does not constitute more than sloshing them around in lukewarm water with a bit of soap. So if you come up at 28.5 cm, it's better to round to 29 because otherwise they'll really be uncomfortable after the first time you washed them.

In most martial arts the power is in the belt, that's why they don't wash them. But in Ninjutsu it's in the tabi, so you shouldn't wash those. Think of all the training you're putting right down the drain!

;)

Tsuki-Yomi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of the outdoor tabi through www.ninjutsu.com and they were a bit too big for me. They are made by Rikio, and I think they are the cheapest ones available through Rikio. I went through a place called JapanZone.com about three weeks ago. They have a nice selection of Rikio, and Marugo and they got here within 1 week from Japan. You will have to pay $20 for shipping via air mail, but all together I think I paid $70 for a quality pair of Keikai's, two pairs of socks and the shipping.

Tsuki-Yomi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Also, for those interested two of my students run there own martial arts supply store up in Caddilac, Michigan. They make custom hanbos, and jo's, and they will give Bujinkan memebers a discount. The site is www.mountainfire.weebly.com

lma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tell me what you would like to see and I will see what I can do . Sensible suggestions only please ...

Ninpo Mart

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello my Ninjutsu brothers. Check out my site. If there is anything you need just give me a shout. I'm not looking to just sell stuff here i'm also looking to be an active member especially in this section of the forum.

Thanks

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm gonna toss this out here, because there are not too many places to get a Ken/Tsurugi out there, and I'm rather happy with mine from here... plus the guy who makes this stuff is a nice guy.

http://www.budocraft.biz/

Latest Discussions