Nick origins?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some are fairly obvious, some are rather cryptic. How did you come up with your nick (username) for MT?
In my case, Kreth is a nick I've been using since I first dumped AOL and ventured into the wild Internet. I stumbled across IRC rather quickly, and got involved with Star Trek role-playing. I've always been a fan of the Klingons, and Kreth seemed like an appropriate Klingon-sounding name. As I started using other forums, it seemed like a natural move to continue using it.
Who's next?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whew - that stunk. Moving on ...

She (because I'm a grrl) Sulsa being the group of special technicians in our martial art often likened to the ninja. She+sulsa = shesulsa.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
mine is from one of my favourite blues songs by muddy waters. black cat bones were thought to be good luck charms that could bring back the owner a lost love or make him invisible. an elaborate ceremony was involved in obtaining the elusive magical bone that included boiling a live cat at the stroke of midnight. once the bone was found it was carried in a mojo bag.

this is the answer i gave on the other thread........lol

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, since Tibetan White Crane is the system I have been most enamored with for a number of years, my name is a spinoff from that.

It's also a name I am keeping in reserve as a business name, for my custom Chinese weaponry business that I am slowly developing.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me too, though my cat would be appropriately named Tail Chaser and I don't think that's too appropriate here .... As it is, my dear feline's name is Vixen ... which very well might become my nick on another forum.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do I need to explain mine?

:asian:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Me too, though my cat would be appropriately named Tail Chaser and I don't think that's too appropriate here .... As it is, my dear feline's name is Vixen ... which very well might become my nick on another forum.

My little boy's name should be Night Roaming Yowler. Or maybe that's his breed...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk is CYBERPUNK Minus the Cyber (since I am all meat and no machine) and Heavy on the Technology.

And this thread title "Nick Origins" shoud be a superhero.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Yes... what does it MEAN!!!!!

Well to some Richard can be shortened to a term of "endearment" and Parsons is one of the cloth. So . . . :D ;)

or . . . , It is something I use, I had not choice in it so I punish the rest of the world by using it.

Or it is the name of my father :lol: ;)

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Me too, though my cat would be appropriately named Tail Chaser and I don't think that's too appropriate here ....
If cats were named by behavior, my Hanzo (nicknamed Fat Kitty - weight gain after being spayed) would be named Coitus Interruptus. She has a habit of killing the mood by sticking her cold nose in certain areas at the wrong time...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well mine is simple terry is first name l is middle initial and 965 was my childern ages when I first started.
Terry