Nice KO...TKD Black Belt in MMM Tuff Enuff

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Master Dan check out the bouncing thread another great KO
buy the way I don't agree that TKD never had hands 60's 70's people trained hard with hands if they had been allowed no gloves there would have been injuries or deaths. GM Choi in 2002 was discusted at the state of no hands he said they should just call it Kwan Do now his words not mine.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
buy the way I don't agree that TKD never had hands 60's 70's people trained hard with hands if they had been allowed no gloves there would have been injuries or deaths. GM Choi in 2002 was discusted at the state of no hands he said they should just call it Kwan Do now his words not mine.
I saw some very old footage of our GM sparring in the late 60's/early 70's (I think), and those guys had amazing hands. It was like watching a boxer with the kicking skills of a modern tkdist. The hand speed and frequency of punching was great to see. It was actually quite inspirational.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score

Which (assuming you mean Kwon Do, not Kwan Do) would be funny as Kwon refers to punching so the name would have nothing to do with kicking. Tae Do would make more sense...

Latest Discussions