Nice KO...TKD Black Belt in MMM Tuff Enuff

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This is a kid from our school he is a first degree Black Belt in TKD. He currently trains in MMA and Olympic Style Sport TKD. He is still a raw fighter with a long way to go. He needs allot of ground work but he has talent and heart and might make a name for himself in 4 or 5 years. Tough kid!!! Check out this mean left hook... KO in 20 seconds in front of Dana White.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good stuff G. I like that he tried to use a high low double (running) kick.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He mixes in allot of TKD. His kicks surprise fighters. Needs to make sure that he does not become kick happy and leave himself open. I spoke with him last night says that he is going to fight in the US Open Featherweight Vision. He is a pretty good at Sport TKD will be interesting to see how he does. He kicks very hard. He just fought at a local tkd tournament and won gold. He will be fun to watch at the US Open.

Knives

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Great fight to watch. I wonder how he'd fend against a kickboxer or muay thai fighter. I've watched a lot of videos where TKD is just too un-balanced against strong leg kicks.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This is a kid from our school he is a first degree Black Belt in TKD. He currently trains in MMA and Olympic Style Sport TKD. He is still a raw fighter with a long way to go. He needs allot of ground work but he has talent and heart and might make a name for himself in 4 or 5 years. Tough kid!!! Check out this mean left hook... KO in 20 seconds in front of Dana White.

He can't be in TKD...he was using his hands and gaurding his head...TKD people don't do that. ;)

Nice fight...and wicked KO. :)

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Great fight to watch. I wonder how he'd fend against a kickboxer or muay thai fighter. I've watched a lot of videos where TKD is just too un-balanced against strong leg kicks.

Bobby trains in Kick boxing, Muay Tai, BJJ and TKD. His base Martial Art is TKD as we all know you need several styles to be successful in MMA. I Spoke with his TKD Master last night they are working on his take down defense. He hits very hard for 155 lb guy but he needs to continue to work on his hands tends to get wild with his punches. He is a great Kicker. He really wants to bring him along slow. Lots of amateur fights. So when he turns pro he is ready. To many people get rushed along in MMA.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bobby trains in Kick boxing, Muay Tai, BJJ and TKD. His base Martial Art is TKD as we all know you need several styles to be successful in MMA. I Spoke with his TKD Master last night they are working on his take down defense. He hits very hard for 155 lb guy but he needs to continue to work on his hands tends to get wild with his punches. He is a great Kicker. He really wants to bring him along slow. Lots of amateur fights. So when he turns pro he is ready. To many people get rushed along in MMA.

Sounds like he's got good advisors, he's very young yet and has plenty of time to set up a good career. It's what I like to hear!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So his is going to drop 15 - 20 lbs to fight feather at the US Open? Why not just fight light?

In MMA and most competitions where weight is a factor it's better to fight at the top weight of your group than at the bottom.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So his is going to drop 15 - 20 lbs to fight feather at the US Open? Why not just fight light?
He walks around at about 160...fights at 155....he can make 149 easy which is feather...@ 6 ft tall he is a little short for light...our lightweight is 6 foot 3..We have every weight division but middle...he fit perfectly at feather

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
He walks around at about 160...fights at 155....he can make 149 easy which is feather...@ 6 ft tall he is a little short for light...our lightweight is 6 foot 3..We have every weight division but middle...he fit perfectly at feather
Well I wish him good luck. Should do fine.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score

Don't you know that taekwondo competitors fight with their hands dangling down at their sides and cannot punch, especially to the face?

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Good Night still love to watch that hook...nice kid disregard the tats...youth

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow nice fight and great yutube can't believe how good audio and video was. This was a clasic case of if you dudge by looks Rob looks weak compared to other fighter taller muscle tone ect and Rob looks pale not much or any muscle tone in chest or belly but the kid is fast and no fear very good legs and using hands love to see hands and feet in rythm all over the guy great Yutube post thanks sending to friends

Latest Discussions