Newest Pet Peeve

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
Another major pet peeve of mine is Thread HiJackers. People that have to carry the same converstaion across every thread veen though it has nothing to do with the topic which inturn makes a good thread go into a waste of typing.
ths really torks me also, it is like no matter what the conversation it always gets switched to what you were arguing with them before on a different thread about.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taekwondo bashing in whatever guise. TW

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Trent said:
I simply cannot tolerate zero tolerance. Goofy, but true.
I am bothered by this when it comes from high ranking Martial Artists, who seem to have forgotten that at one time in their journey they did not know everything. This type of lack of tolerance can interfere with the growth of new students.

K

KatGurl[v2]

IamBaytor said:
You know what I hate?

Carneys. They smell like cabbage.

sorry...i had to do it.:uhyeah:
Thanx for sharing... :lol:

Trent

Green Belt
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
I am bothered by this when it comes from high ranking Martial Artists, who seem to have forgotten that at one time in their journey they did not know everything. This type of lack of tolerance can interfere with the growth of new students.

I have to believe you have misunderstood my sentence and intent.

My previous sentence represents exactly what you mean by your statement. I cannot abide "zero tolerance." Zero tolerance demands that nothing be judged on its own merits but forces prejudices and biases upon people that now have no room for individual judgment and situational experience with the evidence. "Zero tolerance" is one of the few things which I do not tolerate...for a reason, not for emotional triggers that the word "tolerance" seems to evoke.

I by no means know everything. That is not implied in my statement in anyway. And certainly those who attempt to impose "zero tolerance" do not know everything. It could be very successfully argued that they who promote "zero tolerance" know relatively nothing, or that type of prejudicual thinking would not be possible, let alone considered reasonable.

Please, re-read my sentence again and consider what "zero tolerance" really is, and demands, with my follow-up.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Trent said:
I have to believe you have misunderstood my sentence and intent.
I think it's the other way around ...let me explain:

First let me say I am really sorry for any misunderstanding, and then do what I do best - :). I think this is a total misunderstanding, my statement was in agreement with yours. I wasn't talking about you in the least with my statement. First I have no idea what your rank is, and second I was agreeing with you and giving an example generically speaking, but based on some things I've experienced on some of the forums involving high ranking Martial Artists who squash the ideas/questions of lower belts.

But after reading your last statement I think I might be guilty of zero tolerance :lookie: towards those who have exhibited zero tolerance towards others here on the boards...I'll have to give that some more thought!

Again sorry I wasn't clearer,
MJ :asian:

Trent

Green Belt
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
I think it's the other way around ...let me explain:

First let me say I am really sorry for any misunderstanding, and then do what I do best - :). I think this is a total misunderstanding, my statement was in agreement with yours. I wasn't talking about you in the least with my statement. First I have no idea what your rank is, and second I was agreeing with you and giving an example generically speaking, but based on some things I've experienced on some of the forums involving high ranking Martial Artists who squash the ideas/questions of lower belts.

But after reading your last statement I think I might be guilty of zero tolerance :lookie: towards those who have exhibited zero tolerance towards others here on the boards...I'll have to give that some more thought!

Again sorry I wasn't clearer,
MJ :asian:

Ahh, much clearer, thanks. Yes, I can only speak to what is in front of me in this thread. And it looks like I failed because I only had part of an idea exposed. Thanks again for filling out your thought(s).

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Trent said:
Ahh, much clearer, thanks. Yes, I can only speak to what is in front of me in this thread. And it looks like I failed because I only had part of an idea exposed. Thanks again for filling out your thought(s).
You are welcome...glad we cleared that up! :D Thanks for starting a thread that gave me a place to fully express this thought! :)