Newbe Chin-Na

alanplatt

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum, my profile can be found on my website www.uk-karate.com I'm happy to answer any questions about my martial arts anybody may have.

I am looking for any information or charts on the 108 techniques found in Chin-Na. Any help would be good thanks.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

I don't know anything about Chin-na - have you tried the search function yet?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chin-Na The grappling art of Kung-Fu or so the book I own says..It's old and I cannot recall where I brought it from...Did you try a Google search???

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd recomend Dr. Yang's books on the subject.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
I'd recomend Dr. Yang's books on the subject.

I think I got mine through Inside Kung-Fu magazine and I believe that is the author..Good book...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread moved to CMA General, as it will probably generate more replies here.

MJS
MT Supermod

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The book I have is "Comprehensive Applications of Shaolin Chin Na" by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming. It has lots and lots of techniques. I'm sure you can find it at a better price elsewhere, but here is the site of the publisher: www.ymaa.com.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
The book I have is "Comprehensive Applications of Shaolin Chin Na" by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming. It has lots and lots of techniques. I'm sure you can find it at a better price elsewhere, but here is the site of the publisher: www.ymaa.com.

Oh sure first you deny me Chocolate pie and now you say what I was going to say.

Welcome alanplatt

Qinna can be, well to put it nicely, very painful to learn, Dr Yang’s book is great and charts are good, but if you are looking to learn Qinna I suggest looking for a teacher of Qinna. You can get similar training in Jujutsu and Aikido for that matter.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tell ya what XS, if you ever find yourself near me, I'll make you your own chocolate pie.

I initially got the book to help me out for when I started Chen style Tai Chi, but as that's not going to happen now, it's turned into a very interesting look at where a lot of jujitsu came from.

Jeff

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
Tell ya what XS, if you ever find yourself near me, I'll make you your own chocolate pie.

Thanks

JeffJ said:
I initially got the book to help me out for when I started Chen style Tai Chi, but as that's not going to happen now, it's turned into a very interesting look at where a lot of jujitsu came from.

Jeff

What happened?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The TKD school that was hosting it is now under different ownership. And the new owner is not going to rent the space out to other instructors at all. There was also an Arnis class that met there once a week I was planning on attending.

Jeff

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
The TKD school that was hosting it is now under different ownership. And the new owner is not going to rent the space out to other instructors at all. There was also an Arnis class that met there once a week I was planning on attending.

Jeff

I seem to remember you mentioning it had changed hands, but the last I knew you had to go see if it effected the other schools.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to go to Chen. Is it possible that the Chen teacher might teach in another location?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm waiting to get his contact info. I'm hoping we'll be able to host his classes at my wifes TKD school. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Don't want to get disappointed again.

Jeff

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
I'm waiting to get his contact info. I'm hoping we'll be able to host his classes at my wifes TKD school. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Don't want to get disappointed again.

Jeff

I hope it works out

Keep us posted

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dr. Yang's books are probably the best place to look as far as publications go.

There is another thread about Chin Na going on just FYI....here

Latest Discussions