New!!

TROUBLE IS

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm an older woman who just started JKD and Jui-Jitsu. I came across your site while shopping on line. I'm looking forward to all the advice and tips I can get, as I'm kinda feeling self conscious because I'm the oldest chick in the class. Any advice to help me feel more confident and at ease would be appreciated!So Hello to everyone out there!!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Trouble is ... what?

Welcome... I think...

ruh-oh here's trouble...

Attachments

• $mouse.gif
    71.6 KB · Views: 161
OP
T

TROUBLE IS

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks!!
Kreth, Kenny wayne Sheppard is good! I mostly like hard stuff though. Like Tool, System of a Down, Seether, Black Label society, etc.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome. You are as old as you feel. Who cares about age in class. I am in my 30's so I think this applies here as well.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :wavey: You are never too old to start training. :) Hope you enjoy your time here.

OP
T

TROUBLE IS

White Belt
Reaction score
Matt. M,
Thanks for you input. I gotta admit though at JKD on Saturday made me feel uh, well, sooo tired!!

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TROUBLE IS said:
Thanks!!
Kreth, Kenny wayne Sheppard is good! I mostly like hard stuff though. Like Tool, System of a Down, Seether, Black Label society, etc.
I must say I really like your taste in music!

Kikkervisje

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome Trouble is
Don’t care about your age. Some of the elderly people in our dojo are the most compassioned ones as well. Just be yourself and don’t judge yourself too hard.
;)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! You're never too old to begin training. I started when I was 39. Hope you enjoy the board. :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
TROUBLE IS said:
I'm an older woman who just started JKD and Jui-Jitsu. I came across your site while shopping on line. I'm looking forward to all the advice and tips I can get, as I'm kinda feeling self conscious because I'm the oldest chick in the class. Any advice to help me feel more confident and at ease would be appreciated!So Hello to everyone out there!!

Welcome to Martial Talk! Enjoy your stay!:) As for feeling confident...I wouldn't worry too much about it. You've already taken the first step and began to train. Keep up the hard work and in no time at all, that confidence will be built right up!

I mostly like hard stuff though. Like Tool, System of a Down, Seether, Black Label society, etc.

Nice choices!:ultracool

Mike

Latest Discussions