New York Ninja

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
56 seconds into the movie.. What I learned.
1. She didn't know where she got cut
2. Slow motion falling down the steps lol classic
3. She never says I love you in person. ha ha ha
4. Why was there a cowboy in New York?
5. Coolest knife throw ever ha ha ha

19 minutes into the movie.
I don't if I can make it lol. B

OH MY G...... Ninja on roller skates... I'm done 🤣

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
New York Ninja wasn't that bad. I've seen worse. I watched it all the way to the end. Including the rap at the end lol.

I'm so glad there wasn't an LA Ninja. You know you are working with a low budget movie when ketchup packets are used for blood and you can only afford 3 packets.:D

Now it's time to wash that movie from my eyes and forget that I ever saw it.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sort of. As best as I can tell, Bruce Lee wrote the basic concept, but it was produced in the post-Lee era where everyone was trying to cash in on his name.

And the most famous Asian actor of the time, after Lee, was the white guy, David Carradine.
The technical term is "Irish".

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've been hard pressed to find something as bad as.....

gymkata.png

And its conveniently placed pommel horse
Am I the only one on this planet that liked this moved. I must have seen it 8 times growing up.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am I the only one on this planet that liked this moved. I must have seen it 8 times growing up.
I've seen it at least 96 times. It gets better every time.

It's basically got the same plot as Commando, but with no guns, just gymnastics.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And its conveniently placed pommel horse
so you are telling me that it's impossible for a pommel horse to be placed in a village full of crazy people in the middle of no where and that Gymkata couldn't be real?

This is completely realistic. There's one in the middle of my street and half of my city is crazy lol Totally believable.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Buckaroo Banzai
Best movie ever. I never get tired of watching that one
And you actually admit it..IN PUBLIC!!!!
Yep. You know me. I don't hesitate to admit stuff lol. I saw these movies at a younger age so they probably had a different affect on me than some of you guys who are older. lol. I was around 13 or 14 when gymkata came out. If TKD tricking was a thing back then and if there was a school around me. I would have definitely been doing that. Back then I was all into Skateboard tricks, bmx tricks, doing back flips off stuff, and trying to swing completely around on the pull up bars in the park. Without chalk on my hands lol. I still remember the blisters and the day my hands slipped during the swing lol.

I watch a lot of B movies during the happy points of my life so it's not just the movie that made it good. It's the other memories that the movies trigger.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Best movie ever. I never get tired of watching that one

Yep. You know me. I don't hesitate to admit stuff lol. I saw these movies at a younger age so they probably had a different affect on me than some of you guys who are older. lol. I was around 13 or 14 when gymkata came out. If TKD tricking was a thing back then and if there was a school around me. I would have definitely been doing that. Back then I was all into Skateboard tricks, bmx tricks, doing back flips off stuff, and trying to swing completely around on the pull up bars in the park. Without chalk on my hands lol. I still remember the blisters and the day my hands slipped during the swing lol.

I watch a lot of B movies during the happy points of my life so it's not just the movie that made it good. It's the other memories that the movies trigger.

Yup, I'm, older

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Arguably not a martial arts movie, but if we're talking about terrible movies, surely Zardoz deserves a mention:

I saw that when I was about 8. I probably shouldn't have.

Latest Discussions