New York Ninja

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Okay. This is an instant classic. The movie is... well, it's terrific. And by that I mean it's terrible. But so bad that it's good.

The film was recorded in the mid-1980s but never completed. A film preservation company gained the rights to the film, with no audio, storyboards or script, and they finished the movie.

It's campy and silly, but also reminds me why I wanted to be a ninja in the 1980s.

It's available on blu-ray. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Never heard of it, looks really aweful....so why do I now just HAVE to see it. :D

Worse yet, go to IMDB and look at the cast...the Ninja is played by John Liu, and he does not show up at all in the top list of characters...but Don Wilson gets top billing as his voice 😆

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Okay. This is an instant classic. The movie is... well, it's terrific. And by that I mean it's terrible. But so bad that it's good.

The film was recorded in the mid-1980s but never completed. A film preservation company gained the rights to the film, with no audio, storyboards or script, and they finished the movie.

It's campy and silly, but also reminds me why I wanted to be a ninja in the 1980s.

That's beautiful.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
This was actually on the other night. Not one of Benny the Jet's best roles, but I could not stop watching.

1644258127051.png

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

ha ha ha.. I would watch that. I've seen every Sharknado.. Sign me up. They should still make the move. Script and all set in the same time period.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
ha ha ha.. I would watch that. I've seen every Sharknado.. Sign me up. They should still make the move. Script and all set in the same time period.
They did make the movie. I have it on blu-ray. :)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe not... but this one is pretty bad:

I hit the stop button after seeing who the actor was. First thing my mind was this was going be horrible. Right before 7 seconds the last thing I heard was "The spirit of Bruce Lee."
They did make the movie. I have it on blu-ray. :)
I'm going to hunt that movie down It's gotta be on the net somewhere. You and I bump heads from time to time.. so I won't question why you have it on blu-ray ha ha ha. Or why someone put it on blue ray.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score

Agreed. It's especially bad because Bruce Lee made it.

That movie is about Zen. It had me at the monkey cave, but then it lost me at the barrel of oil.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Agreed. It's especially bad because Bruce Lee made it.

That movie is about Zen. It had me at the monkey cave, but then it lost me at the barrel of oil.
Sort of. As best as I can tell, Bruce Lee wrote the basic concept, but it was produced in the post-Lee era where everyone was trying to cash in on his name.

And the most famous Asian actor of the time, after Lee, was the white guy, David Carradine.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I hit the stop button after seeing who the actor was. First thing my mind was this was going be horrible. Right before 7 seconds the last thing I heard was "The spirit of Bruce Lee."

I'm going to hunt that movie down It's gotta be on the net somewhere. You and I bump heads from time to time.. so I won't question why you have it on blu-ray ha ha ha. Or why someone put it on blue ray.

Couple times each month, we watch a terrible movie as a family. It's a family tradition. My adult son found NY Ninja and brought it over this weekend.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Inspired by Bruce Lee..ha ha ha.. Bruce was on that stuff.

Thundar the Barbarian called. He want's his clothes back
1644269047116.png

Ringo said they can borrow his clothes

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Yes, it is rather bad, I have actually endured it from beginning to end....but worse than Gymkata.....that's a tough call... to know you'd have to watch both back to back.....and I do mean you cuz I'm not going to do it....no way...not sure I'd make it out alive 😱😨

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yes, it is rather bad, I have actually endured it from beginning to end....but worse than Gymkata.....that's a tough call... to know you'd have to watch both back to back.....and I do mean you cuz I'm not going to do it....no way...not sure I'd make it out alive 😱😨
Arguably not a martial arts movie, but if we're talking about terrible movies, surely Zardoz deserves a mention:

Latest Discussions