New to MartialTalk

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, guys!!

I've been looking and lurking for a few months now, and finally decided to say something. So, by way of introduction, here's me:

I started martial arts at age 9, and eventually got a green belt in American Jiu Jitsu, before taking a several-years break. Then in High School, I started back with Tae Kwon Do until moving on to college. Now, I am a 46 year old, mother of three who's back in training and and just got a black belt in WTF TKD three months ago (hooray!!!!). I am also one test away from a second black belt in Korean sword art (a mix of haedong and daehan kumdo, with some Japanese iaido thrown in).

I spent 7 years in the military, worked as a gov't contractor for a while, have degrees in physics, own a local book/music/gift store, and am very active with my church, so you will probably find me showing up on threads dealing with politics, current events, religion, science, and philosophy, as well as Korean MA, swordsmanship, fitness, and teaching.

I am happily married to the most wonderful man on earth (sorry, ladies, it's true the best ones are taken :) ), and have been for the last 17 years. We got a late start (married two weeks before birthday #29, and first child born 4 years later), so all three kids are still in elementary school. Between the three, I drive to dance, Girl Scouts, Tae Kwon Do, Drum lessons, clarinet lessons, piano lessons, and might be adding Cub Scouts in the fall. Yes it's a van. Yes, it only gets 12 miles per gallon.

Not sure what else might be of use to know. Feel free to introduce yourself back, and say 'hi'.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! Sounds like a great mix of styles, and I look forward to hearing more from you.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ninja-mom... boy I bet your kids don't get away with NOTHING do they?

Welcome to MT!

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome again! :) You have an interesting MA background; I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow! You are one busy lady! I am in awe. I have two kids myself but one in highschool the other in junior high. I remember all that driving around. It doesn't stop! LOL! Except they then grow up and want to drive themselves! EEK! :D

I am glad you decided to join us and I look forward to your posts.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT Ninjamom! :wavey: