New Sword

How short was it?
When I was 17 my stoner friends and I had an archery class in college at 0700. They handed out bows, and arrows in a quiver sized approximately for each individual. There was an arrow in his that was just short enough to come behind his grip hand when he drew. On the draw, initially the bow is pointing downward so he didn’t notice that the tip would come slightly behind his grip hand on the draw. It made a cartoonish sound when he loosed the arrow which caused me to look. To my eye it appeared as if he was holding the bow and the arrow in his left hand and looking down range. Then he realized what happened and so did I. He was somewhat shocked. It didn’t bleed at all and was mid shaft through between 2nd and 3rd metacarpals. He needed 3 stitches total and was completely recovered a month or so later.
 
Well the sword is now in my possession and I’m it’s new custodian.

16 hrs sitting on a Cross Country Trains @Ā£528
I was expecting this:
Screenshot_20260414_122057_Firefox.webp

I received this with no food other than a flapjack and tea since there was no staff to serve it.
20260414_135947.webp

At least it was quiet unlike standard class where people were having to stand or sit on the floor…
 
The Edinburgh Hilton was interesting. To get to my room, I had to get a lift to the 2nd floor walk along the second floor for several minutes, get the single lift down to floor zero and walk for another 2 minutes to find my room (004).
The room was nice and big but I discovered this…
20260414_182037.webp
 
Last edited:
The plug in my bathroom sink became stuck in the closed position so It filled up with handwashing water and toothpaste spit. I left a note of explanation and apology for the cleaning staff šŸ™„

A budget hotel (Premier Inn) would’ve been Ā£50 cheaper but clean and basic.

Edinburgh is a ā€˜tier one’ capital city and thus commensurately expensive. Potential foreign holiday makers…DO NOT waste your money on visiting the UK. I’m ashamed at what we would be offering you at a premium!
 
The Edinburgh Hilton was interesting. To get to my room, I had to get a lift to the 2nd floor walk along the second floor for several minutes, get the single lift down to floor zero and walk for another 2 minutes to find my room (004).
The room was nice and big but I discovered this…
View attachment 34058
Well, can’t have samurai roleplaying dudes with sharp swords upp att the civilized floors at the Hilton
 
Last edited:
Another fascinating observation I made was that of those trying to ā€˜blag’. I bought a first class rail seat because it was an 8 hour journey. It really hurt me to pay that amount of money for slightly wider seats and working A/C but 16 hours in less that 36 hours…it was an obvious choice.

The four carriage train had three standard class cars that were rammed (school Easter holidays continue) People were sitting on the floors, in the aisles to the point that the conductors gave up checking tickets or serving refreshments from the trolley. I felt very sorry for them. But many people getting on the train would see the mayhem and then the air conditioned seats in first class and meander around in there and finally take a seat. On being challenged, eventually by the ticket inspector, they’d say ā€œthere are no seats up there but plenty in here. I have the right to be in here because your train company has overbooked.ā€ I had some sympathy to be honest. They were offered to upgrade their tickets but on hearing that would be Ā£80-150, they quickly disappeared into standard class.
 
Edinburgh is a great place,.. and a few other places around that way... I like first class on the L'ner from London up to there. Aye.
 
Edinburgh is a great place,.. and a few other places around that way... I like first class on the L'ner from London up to there. Aye.
I should’ve realised… ā€˜Call-Me-Matt’ is actually Clan Call-Me-Matt! You’re a Scot, by God!

Yes I lived there for many years…it’s just the weather that’s tough! šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø
 
Here is koshirae. The tsuka’s doe-leather binding and saya’s lacquer are dark green! I’ve never seen that before and it’s subtly beautiful.
20260417_104922.webp
 
Here is koshirae. The tsuka’s doe-leather binding and saya’s lacquer are dark green! I’ve never seen that before and it’s subtly beautiful.
View attachment 34062
That’s quite a curved telescope, I heard of curved space, but your telescope looks more like a sword.
A nice sword ! šŸ‘

Make sure you don’t put the pointy end to your eye lookin for stars
 
Back
Top