New School In London, ON

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by KenpoGirl
What Got his knickers in a knot? :confused:
It's no payperview thing Gou my dear.
No biggy

I am not upset at all. I am just stating what I see. Sometimes it's a little hard to deal with.

I am not a member of the school. I belong to another school. When I do come out I only participate when invited by Bryson to do so, or I join Jaybacca's class. When I do I try to be polite as I can be while I am in Bryson's "House." I make sure I leave Bryson something to make sure the lights stay on and the toilets flushing. I call it respect for the head of the house.

In setting up the seminar for him this Thursday I made sure to keep him updated on every detail and get his OK on things. Why? His house. I've been to a fair number of places and seen all sorts of problems because the pecking order is forgotten. In a city where the insurance rates have just skyrocketed due to a broken neck and schools are being dropped as well, it wouldn't do well for a new school to have this problem. The days of dojo storming are gone. Along with that are the days of inviting people over you meet on the net to "spar'. The good goes with the bad sometimes. Until he's somewhat established I won't be a part of an event that could quite possibly ruin what he hopes will put bread on his table for the rest of his life. If I was a regular paying student then I would be under his insurance.

While Bryson has invited me to participate in sparring and I have been unable to I would think that perhaps you ought to ask him about all this. It's his name on the lease, he runs the show. Maybe I am a little off base here but sometimes I think people forget that. I am a little concerned that this may have been planned without his approval really or an assumption that he'd think it was ok.

Before you decide that I have my knickers in a knot you might want to think that I may have my reasons, right or wrong, for my position.
:asian:

OP
E

Eraser

Dearest Gou,

Well if my memory does serve me correct.. I do rememeber Kenpogirl telling me that SHE did talk to Bryson about me coming up to visit on the 20th. I do not believe that when she invited me up that it was primarily for Sparring... (there's NO way can handle 20 mins of sparring let alone like 2hrs) We have just been goofing on about the whole sparring issue.. and I think that some people have gotten the wrong Idea bout the 20th... Im coming up to meet some new friends partake in a different stlye of MA class and perhaps even share some of my MA with the people that are in attendance.. if we do some sparring at the end so be it... if not, no biggie.... I would really like to meet up with everyone if you can make it at this time (i know that some of you are busy with the upcoming seminars) perhaps i can meet you next time I come around!! IF there's been any confusion to any with my comments on the Sparring then I apologize now.. Im more interesting in learning about different styles of MA rather than who can whoop who's butt!!
I'm still very interested in meeting up with some of you...
See ya all on the 20th... only 5 DAYS left!!!!!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo:asian:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

You are absolutely correct Eraser, it will be a regular class, and I will ask Bryson if we can make sure we go through some techniques. So you can get some idea what Kenpo is like, if we enjoy that maybe we won't even do any sparring. We shall see.

I look forward to meeting you and having a nice civilized class, even if we've been joking otherwise.

Dot

(oh and just to clarify, Bryson has been asked and kept updated on this. As far as I know he has welcomed the opportunity to have guests at his school as you can tell by some of his posts earlier. But just to be safe I will be speaking to Bryson tomorrow and if we have had any miscommunication we will correct it. Last thing I want to do is put his school in jeopardy)

OP
L

lifewise

Originally posted by GouRonin

While Bryson has invited me to participate in sparring and I have been unable to I would think that perhaps you ought to ask him about all this. It's his name on the lease, he runs the show. Maybe I am a little off base here but sometimes I think people forget that. I am a little concerned that this may have been planned without his approval really or an assumption that he'd think it was ok.

:asian:

Please don't fret Gou, I don't believe either Kenpo Girl or myself would be so bold as to arrange anything at LMA without Bryson's consent.

Bryson has also posted on here that he is looking forward to Eraser's visit and has talked with me on several occassions about it - never once indicating anything BUT enthusiasm for the idea.

Again, this was all talked over with Bryson by both myself and Kenpo Girl and I am rather shocked to think you would think so little of us.

:shrug:

OP
L

lifewise

Hey Kenpo Girl - any idea of when Bryson will be back on line? :confused:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

I have no idea. He's looking into the different cost for internet suppliers. Seems the costs have come up a lot for regular dial up.

But he's dying to get back on. I've told him how many pages we are now up too, and he's got A LOT of catching up to do. The poor guy is starting to get a nervous tick from missing being on Martial Talk.

;)

OP
T

tunetigress

Poor Bryson, send him my condolences. Tell him old Tune recommends cable! He could feed his new addiction 24/7 and spend all his spare time in MT!!!! I highly recommend this form of ongoing treatment for many illnesses and nervous tics. ;)

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Unfortunealy Bryson will not be able to go cable as he'd have to have the cable line installed etc.... Too expensive. He's watching his budget of course, he'll have to survive with dial up for right now.

I know it's going to be murder for him because he use to have cable at home, it's going to be frustrating going back to dial up.
:erg:

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by lifewise
Again, this was all talked over with Bryson by both myself and Kenpo Girl and I am rather shocked to think you would think so little of us.

Be as shocked as you want. I think it's important that people remember who's driving the car. I also think in my opinion that Bryson needs to start thinking more from a business standpoint than that of his school being a playground.

Actions do not go unoticed and I am not talking about my opinions. Just a heads up from someone trying to let you know what others may not say out loud.

OP
L

lifewise

Originally posted by GouRonin

Be as shocked as you want. I think it's important that people remember who's driving the car. I also think in my opinion that Bryson needs to start thinking more from a business standpoint than that of his school being a playground.

Actions do not go unoticed and I am not talking about my opinions. Just a heads up from someone trying to let you know what others may not say out loud.

I do not consider LMA a playground - only a friendly and inviting atmosphere that is refreshing from some of the others.

If you have concerns (which it seems you do) maybe you should be discussing it with the "head of the household" in a more personal setting. :confused:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Gou, I appreciate you letting us know that people are talking, but I agree with LW, this was not the place to do it.

People seem to enjoy giving their opinion and starting rumours behind other peoples backs. That's why you get all the bad feelings and very few people from the other schools parcitpating in seminars. It certainly doesn't make you feel like part of the Martial Arts / Kenpo family.

I'm sick of the politics, if someone thinks we've done something wrong tell me to my face don't whisper behind my back. :(

Dot

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Gou, I appreciate you letting us know that people are talking, but I agree with LW, this was not the place to do it.

People seem to enjoy giving their opinion and starting rumours behind other peoples backs. That's why you get all the bad feelings and very few people from the other schools parcitpating in seminars. It certainly doesn't make you feel like part of the Martial Arts / Kenpo family.

I'm sick of the politics, if someone thinks we've done something wrong tell me to my face don't whisper behind my back. :(

Dot

OP
G

GouRonin

I do not consider LMA a playground - only a friendly and inviting atmosphere that is refreshing from some of the others.

This isn't about what you consider. But my words are falling on deaf ears. You guys don't want to listen in the slightest. Oh well. S'ok. I'm through with it. On with life.

If you have concerns (which it seems you do) maybe you should be discussing it with the "head of the household" in a more personal setting.

I have. There is a lot more to running a dojo than people think. But as I said I am not going to get involved anymore.
:D

OP
G

GouRonin

This is where a lot of it starts. It's a public forum. But like I said, I'm through with this topic. It's a dead horse apparently.

There is no community family. I'm not sure why you insist that there is.

I'm sick of the politics, if someone thinks we've done something wrong tell me to my face don't whisper behind my back.

Apparently if someone tells you, you don't want to listen. It was just an attempt at a heads up. nevermind.

Again. I've replied the last time to this.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

I'M A BROWN BELT. YEE HAW!!!

Duh dun Duh dun Duh Dun.
{doing Rumba around the room}

:boing1: :boing2: :lol:

OP
T

tunetigress

Congratulations to you Kenpo-Girl, for achieving the rank of Brown Belt!!! I know how hard you have had to work to accomplish it!!! :asian:

OP
L

lifewise

Congrats KG!:D

Are you going to the seminar Paul is having at his school? Looks real interesting...

Have any idea who is attending the seminar Gou arranged at LMA?:shrug: :D

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Congrats KG!:D

Are you going to the seminar Paul is having at his school? Looks real interesting...

Have any idea who is attending the seminar Gou arranged at LMA?:shrug: :D

I don't know for sure, from what I gleen from Gou's thread about the seminar, a couple Kewl Kenpo Dudes from South of the boarder are going to be coming up to particapate, and they are staying on for the Huk Planas seminar, (but don't quote me on that). Otherwise the rest of the list is beyond me. That's between Gou and Bryson. I will be attending, but I will be late as I have a work related issue that will make it impossible to get there before 6 pm. :shrug: Are you going LW???

I will also be attending Paul's seminar looking forward to seeing Ms. Cogliandro again. :D

Latest Discussions