New Music I recorded

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
All,

Hey there...my other hobby is music. I'm an electric bassist. I another thread I mentioned getting a new computer, well using it and some recording software (GarageBand)I've done my first new recording.

Everything Changes

The drums are audio loops, the keyboard pads I playewd with a little MID controller keyboard and touched up in the editor. The bass line, chords, and melody are all six-string electric bass

It's a first-shot kinda thing (so if you like the recording, great, and if you notice the flaws, I have a lot of excuses ready : )

As a bassist, this was an unusual attempt to go in a different direction. The bass line was written last, what I wanted to focus on was melody to define the song. So I used the melofy I envisioned for some song lyrics I had written (I write a lot of lyrics even though I'm not really a singer). SO even though there is a lot of bass playing on it, it's not meant to be a bass-showcase piece, just a piece of music to listen to.

The lyics ny which I developed the melody are here: Everything Changes lyrics Maybe some day I can get a singer to do a vocal oriented version of the song

Hope you enjoy it.

Take care,
Jay

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fearless freep nice lyrics, I believe for my liking the music needs to be a bit rougher and some more bass but all in all it was ok

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fearless freep nice lyrics

Thanks!

I believe for my liking the music needs to be a bit rougher

That's true that musical taste is kinda a subjective thing and I was very much going for a lite, modern-jazz feel.

some more bass but all in all it was ok

You're either being sarcastic : ) or talking about the 'bass' volume because almost all the instrumentation is electric bass.

I did another one which has a different feel, I think. It kinda suprised me because it started out as a very fast jazz/swing piece and I cut the tempo down and went ina completely different direction. Also has more obvious attempts to use some 'bass chops' in the solos and transitional sections

To Live

Lyrical inspiration was To Live lyrics

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That was your first recording? Wow! It sounds really good. It reminds me of Special EFX (I think, I haven't listened to them in a while).

Thanks for sharing.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fearless freep nice lyrics

Thanks!

I believe for my liking the music needs to be a bit rougher

That's true that musical taste is kinda a subjective thing and I was very much going for a lite, modern-jazz feel.

some more bass but all in all it was ok

You're either being sarcastic : ) or talking about the 'bass' volume because almost all the instrumentation is electric bass.

I did another one which has a different feel, I think. It kinda suprised me because it started out as a very fast jazz/swing piece and I cut the tempo down and went ina completely different direction. Also has more obvious attempts to use some 'bass chops' in the solos and transitional sections

To Live

Lyrical inspiration was To Live lyrics

No I was talking about the volume and no I was not trying to be sarcastic.

By the way I liked this version

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just dowloaded "To Live" and it sounds great!

Do you have any more music we can hear? Also, do you have anything with lyrics recorded with it?

Great work!

AoG

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
No I was talking about the volume and no I was not trying to be sarcastic.

Ok, I hope that didn't come across wrong. Almost all the instrumention is bass guitar so when you said something about 'more bass' I was thinking "well, hard to do 'more bass' unless he's either means the bass volume or he's being silly about there already being three bass lines'. Yeah, that recording of "Everything Changes", the 'bass' part could be mixed louder.

By the way I liked this version

Thanks!

That was your first recording? Wow! It sounds really good. It reminds me of Special EFX (I think, I haven't listened to them in a while).

and thanks. I only have one Special EFX CD. I think I've listened to more Spyro Gyra of late. Although the other day I was listening to some Yes and Dream Theater and it's always a conflict in me of keeping it kinda smooth or just going for broke with more of prog/fusion/expiremental edge. That was on my mind when I did the solos for "To Live", just kinda going nuts and being aggressive.

that sounds like it was professionally produced.
can you get garageband for PC?

Wow, thanks! o, GB is part of the iLife suite for Mac, although ou can get similar products for PC. For example, I used to use n-track for PC because it was cheap :)

Do you have any more music we can hear? Also, do you have anything with lyrics recorded with it?

Unfortunatly not. This is a new recording effort for me and although I've recorded some suff in years past, it's all stuck on other computers and not as good.

Thanks, all

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK, I have a new one I did this weekend

Gates Of Heaven

It basically uses an singular theme I wrote years ago and works through differnt variations of that theme. The drums are looped and they are some jeyboards pads, the main two tracks are six string bass guitar that kinda alternate focus

Thanks,
Jay

Latest Discussions