New anti Sine Wave pattern deliveries on Youtube

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
No you wrote that North Koreans did not get it right and the person responsible as demonstrator was Park Jung Tae. You did not blame it on him explicitly, but the point was that they got it wrong
Sir, please refer me to the post where I wrote that "The North Koreans did not get it right." referring to Sine Wave .

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Acronym , playing off the video of General Choi and the horse stance punch; can you provide an example of what you feel correct technique is? I ask to have a comparison.
Sir, here is an example from the official videos produced under the supervision of General Choi. Horse / sitting stance punches appear at the beginning of the video. There are some examples where he punches from walking stance as well. I will leave it for you to comment if the hip moves in the same direction as the punch.

Yul-Gok Tul - YouTube

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sir, please refer me to the post where I wrote that "The North Koreans did not get it right." referring to Sine Wave .

I don't need to since you wrote it to me... Some work needed to be done. You did not provide any source for your claim.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't need to since you wrote it to me... Some work needed to be done. You did not provide any source for your claim.
Sir, Considering how inaccurate your posts have been and issues with taking things out of context, unless or until you can provide proof of your claim as to what I allegedly said. I categorically deny I said with reference to SW that the North Koreans did not get it right.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recall a time I said "Some work needed to be done" In reference to some pattern performances in a Video produced by NK, however that comment was not in reference to SW, but some technical issues. Additionally your comment wrongly assumes that every mistake a student would make reflects poorly on the instructor. I doubt very many instructors would want to be judged by the performance of their best student on a bad day, or their worst student on their best day.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sir, Considering how inaccurate your posts have been and issues with taking things out of context, unless or until you can provide proof of your claim as to what I allegedly said. I categorically deny I said with reference to SW that the North Koreans did not get it right.

You have also said 4-5 years go that you have been mistaken for George Clooney, which was a funny joke. My verbal memory is pretty.... good.

So maybe know you know that I truly do remember things that most people forget?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I recall a time I said "Some work needed to be done" In reference to some pattern performances in a Video produced by NK, however that comment was not in reference to SW, but some technical issues. Additionally your comment wrongly assumes that every mistake a student would make reflects poorly on the instructor. I doubt very many instructors would want to be judged by the performance of their best student on a bad day, or their worst student on their best day.

Taking a different example now, do you think snapping strikes can be taught visually? Some methodology is so internal that you have to verbalize it first, and then the student can break it down.

Simply displaying a snap will be a blur.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

You quoted me being underwhelmed by NKs sine wave delivery, and you did make a reference to Park Jung Tae...

My reading of your comment originally was not a dig at Park Jung Tae, and I don't think my post implies that.....

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Additionally your comment wrongly assumes that every mistake a student would make reflects poorly on the instructor.

I believe in personal responsibility not only in TKD but also politics, riots, and everyday life.. I do not blame institutions or leaders for the behavior of followers.

If we had a debate about the quality of SW then yes, every flaw of a student does NOT reflect back on the instructor.

But there is a difference between doing things poorly and simply being confused about what you are supposed to do. So in the latter regard, we have to blame the instructor. But again, my reading of it was that there was work to be done. Nothing more, nothing less.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sir, here is an example from the official videos produced under the supervision of General Choi. Horse / sitting stance punches appear at the beginning of the video. There are some examples where he punches from walking stance as well. I will leave it for you to comment if the hip moves in the same direction as the punch.

Yul-Gok Tul - YouTube
Thank you Sir. It clearly does.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You have also said 4-5 years go that you have been mistaken for George Clooney, which was a funny joke. My verbal memory is pretty.... good.

So maybe know you know that I truly do remember things that most people forget?
Hmm, you have not even been on the forum for a year, yet you are referencing something from 5 years ago? Dude.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this case, you are making a claim (that Earl said something). If true, it should be easy to prove....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were not for the fact that it was 4-5 years ago
This thread isn’t that old. Nor is your membership here.

oh, and psychological studies have shown that memory is much more fragile than it seems - especially to those who claim exact recollection.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This thread isn’t that old. Nor is your membership here.

oh, and psychological studies have shown that memory is much more fragile than it seems - especially to those who claim exact recollection.

Do you think I was under the impression that my own thread was 4-5 years old?

I am paraphrasing what he said in a different forum. The exact quote isn't critical.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Yul-Gok Tul - YouTube

Do you think that clip exemplifies the norm of how SW is delivered in world championships? It also looks nothing like how Choi demonstrated.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you think that clip exemplifies the norm of how SW is delivered in world championships? It also looks nothing like how Choi demonstrated.
Not sure exactly what you refer to. If you are comparing the black background video to how patterns are performed in the last few years at World Championships, with more recent and more current performances having a more pronounced / exaggerated up and down motion, then we are in agreement. This has been addressed by others in different forums and there have been some comparisons but that was a couple of years ago that I came across it. If that is your point - we are in agreement. The motion has become more exaggerated.

Latest Discussions