New and Shiney

jinkage

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, another new person here. I'm hitting that middle age, but I've been in and out of Martial Arts for a good portion of my life. I first trained in Chinese Kempo Karate (Hawaiian Kempo) while attending college and learned some Wing Chun in my backyard with a traveling Martial Artist.

Due to a college move, I had to stop the Kempo but started training in Muay Thai when I moved to D.C. from a very good Thai instructor. Also did some backyard Escrima.

A work relocation forced me to quit Muay Thai, but I found a MMA gym and did a mix of Muay Thai and Jiujitsu. Unfortunately another work relocation 2 years later and I moved once more and ended up in the Southeast.

Currently I am not training in any gym but am contemplating joining a JUDO/JIUJITSU gym (as time allows), I did find an adult tumbling class so I guess for now Im learning to do flips and cartwheels :erg:

As you may have guess I like learning and I'll leech whatever Martial Arts skills and knowledge I can from anyone willing to share :asian:. it's not the destination but the journey.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...Ask your questions...

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, jinkage, sounds a lot like my journey.... except I'm further into middle age. I, too, have picked up what arts were available wherever I was. By your coming here - welcome, by the way - sounds like you are ready to start checking things out in your present location. Good luck in that search.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
Are/were you in the military? That seems like a lot of moving, must've been frustrating to try to learn and then have to move once you begin to grasp what you're learning. Anyways, feel free to leech of me anytime....that didn't come out right...

OP
J

jinkage

White Belt
Reaction score
Actually, I was not in the military, but the military was kinda involved. Just alot of moves
icon7.gif
. First move was actually from overseas to the mainland USA to attend University. The other moves were because of restructuring at my work. Branch office to Branch office.

Yeah, it was pretty frustrating. Especially when I found a school I really liked. Moving from D.C. was pretty hard, since I regarded the Muay Thai school and my instructor as a second family. I still keep in contact but you are correct, I really wish I could have stayed in learned much more than I did.

Thanks all. I'll also try to contribute what I can.

Latest Discussions