Nei Kung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What Bruce learned was all internal art, but he taught it as n external art, teaching techniques, but hidng the basics.

Actually no, what Bruce learned was Wing Chun, and I believe the only form he finished was Siu Nim Tao, some Muk Yan Jong and possibly some work on Chum Kiu. And although there is an argument that Wing Chun is an internal art, by definition it is not. However I tend to put it in the same category of internal you find Xingyiquan. But still, by most standards of an Internal Chinese Martial art it is not internal (but then Chen Fa Ke never called his Chen style internal either) The rest of what went into JKD came from various other sources, none of which would be thought of as internal; Boxing, fencing, etc.

So I believe you are incorrect with that statement.

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lets suppose Bruce Lee did learn Secret assassin kungfu and his Wing Chun training was a cover or limited or whatever

If we look at his final product, his final training and direction he was going, it clearly shows influence from other arts especially western boxing, fencing.

We can see in his notes he was looking and taking from other arts to add to his tool box. We find no mention of anything hinting at some secret assassin art,

if a person learned something as an internal art, they would move and teach internal, it is ingrained into the muscle memory, the theory of how a person reacts and performs a technique. It makes no logical sense for someone to learn an internal system, completely disregard it, add completely external arts to it, and then call it an internal system.
If someone did learn this secret assassin art but taught an external art influenced by western arts then clearly it must mean that, the assassin art sucked on its own other wise why need to supplement it or completely modify it.

If Bruce Lee was training as frantic as he was in his training and development and who would write even his breakfast and running with his dog you would think in his notes there would be some writings speaking about internal and or a nod to his secret assassin training.

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So I believe you are incorrect with that statement.

Only if you ignore who his main teacher was. Of course what I said was a generalization. He taught the most to Jesse Glover, who was his most advanced student, and less to other people as JKD.

Last edited:
OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
"Cost for the ten day retreat is $700.

Cost for retreats organized by others is $70 per day, five day minimum. Five people minimum, and ten people maximum may attend. Organizer should check availability for their date of choice before proceeding"

Taoist Hermitage in Ecuador - Qigong Retreat

Here is your video for $15

Watch Tien Shan Chi Kung - Level 1 - by Steve Gray, student of Fook Yueng Online | Vimeo On Demand

Here is your book for $15

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1096086778

I am going to leave this video of you doing Chen Taijiquan and Chen Zhenglei doing Chen Taijiquan

I wouldn't expect you to be as good as Chen Zhenglei, but if you are charging people and saying others do not possess the real neigong then perhaps you should at least be 25% as good as Chen Zhenglei.

Well, I never really was interested in doing retreats because I only want serious students. However several volunteers who have come here were very impressed with the chi kung, they said I should have retreats, and that they could bring groups of friends to them. I had one person come here after reading my book, and since the book says nothing about teaching and students, she came as a volunteer. My wife also often tells me we should have retreats, so finally I gave in. I always felt that I should have low prices, but the wife insists I charge higher prices (it includes a luxury type cuisine, because she is a master chef). Anyway, if people are going to take all the time and spend all the money required to travel here then the cost of the retreat is less than travel expenses even at the price listed. I finally agreed because having retreats seems like a good way for possible serious students to check me out. In any case, I think that cost for a retreat is in the ballpark, in the midrange, for this kind of retreat. What would you suggest as a fair price? Keep in mind that retreat is for sharing Mr. Yueng's chi kung, not for tai chi. My main thing is chi kung, and I do a little tai chi as a hobby these days, plus tai chi is better than chi kung for me if I have a lot on my mind. I don't claim to be a tai chi master or adept, but I know more about chi kung and nei kung than a lot of people who call themselves chi kung masters

Lucky people would click the 'Home' button on that retreats page and it would take them to my main website, which I did not want to list in the book or here, but you forced me = ) I didn't want to make it too easy. If you know what happened to John Chang you would see why. I think prices for long term students are what you would call reasonable. We also have some volunteers here at times, it means they get to stay here for free if they work 20 hours a week on the farm.

My Chen video which you disapproved of was made a long time ago for a couple of beginner Chen students, which is why it is rear view and has the very simplistic flavor. I didn't realize that video was still up there, but I can't remove it now because I no longer have that account on Utube. If you were more interested in fairness you might have shared my latest Chen video which is on Vimeo, which you linked to.

Thanks for sharing my Tien Shan chi kung video and my book link.

You know, I wasn't going to bother to write the book about Mr. Yueng, but I thought it would be an easy way to supplement my social security income, and possibly find a very few good students. I need to cover some expenses, like, I'm two years behind on my house taxes, I need to get the old rusty trusty Land Cruiser licensed. Don't have any health, house, or car insurance.I would like to finish my house and be able to get a little furniture (we're using mostly plastic chairs now, and a couple of plastic tables.) I also need to get some surgery on my hand, and upgrade the little tin shacks we have for volunteers and students. That's just the tip of the iceberg, there's plenty more - so here I am whoring myself in front of a bunch of sometimes rude strangers in order to make ends meet, when ideally I should be staying hidden. Anyway, it beats having stayed in the states and needing government 'subsidies' to live, or be homeless

I really do believe that real nei kung is one of the most profound and valuable methods of self improvement that there is.

Anyway, my wife will be getting social security soon, and that will help a lot - so for ten cents I might say the hell with all this book and forum BS and just rest in peace, as I was advised recently by some spirit guide or something that you probably believe do not exist.

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If someone did learn this secret assassin art but taught an external art influenced by western arts then clearly it must mean that, the assassin art sucked on its own other wise why need to supplement it or completely modify it.

I think I already explained that earlier. Chinese kung fu masters like to hide stuff, and some like to hide a lot of it. Plus, Bruce was enamored with the idea of knocking people out, which his teacher was not interested in. Remember, Mr. Yueng told him not to reveal who his teacher was, and that would include the assassin lineage. If he had revealed it, it would have made things very complicated for him.

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If Bruce Lee was training as frantic as he was in his training and development and who would write even his breakfast and running with his dog you would think in his notes there would be some writings speaking about internal and or a nod to his secret assassin training.

Technically it wasn't assassin training, it was a blend of many internal arts, but the source of it, Red Boat Wing Chun+, was used by assassins.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think I already explained that earlier. Chinese kung fu masters like to hide stuff, and some like to hide a lot of it. Plus, Bruce was enamored with the idea of knocking people out, which his teacher was not interested in. Remember, Mr. Yueng told him not to reveal who his teacher was, and that would include the assassin lineage. If he had revealed it, it would have made things very complicated for him.
And of course Bruce Lee listened to him on this even though he completely went against every single other Chinese Kung fu rule and tradition by teacher westerners and publishing books on the subject which was frowned upon by the Chinese community and even put him at odds with his real teacher ip man but despite all that he refused to mention this one guy to literally anyone even though he'd broke every other rule in that community...hmm I'm sorry but that sounds very suspect to me

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
"Well, I never really was interested in doing retreats because I only want serious students. However several volunteers who have come here were very impressed with the chi kung, they said I should have retreats, and that they could bring groups of friends to them. I had one person come here after reading my book, and since the book says nothing about teaching and students, she came as a volunteer. My wife also often tells me we should have retreats, so finally I gave in. I always felt that I should have low prices, but the wife insists I charge higher prices (it includes a luxury type cuisine, because she is a master chef). Anyway, if people are going to take all the time and spend all the money required to travel here then the cost of the retreat is less than travel expenses even at the price listed. I finally agreed because having retreats seems like a good way for possible serious students to check me out. In any case, I think that cost for a retreat is in the ballpark, in the midrange, for this kind of retreat. What would you suggest as a fair price? Keep in mind that retreat is for sharing Mr. Yueng's chi kung, not for tai chi. My main thing is chi kung, and I do a little tai chi as a hobby these days, plus tai chi is better than chi kung for me if I have a lot on my mind. I don't claim to be a tai chi master or adept, but I know more about chi kung and nei kung than a lot of people who call themselves chi kung masters"

-Blame the wife nice one. You miss the point, here is what you said
"Maybe you haven't heard of this concept, but: people who are spiritual are not materialistic. "
I understand people need to make a living, no harm no foul, but when someone says something like this and is promoting a book, video, and retreats for money it seems
hypocritical. Maybe you are materialistic and not spiritual? or honestly spiritual and materialistic which is fine too.

For $700 a retreat better to just go to China and learn directly on the mountain.

I find it odd you claim to know more about Qigong and Neigong but can not even use the Pinyin for them

"it means they get to stay here for free if they work 20 hours a week on the farm."
Sounds more like slavery

"My Chen video which you disapproved of was made a long time ago for a couple of beginner Chen students, which is why it is rear view and has the very simplistic flavor. I didn't realize that video was still up there, but I can't remove it now because I no longer have that account on Utube. If you were more interested in fairness you might have shared my latest Chen video which is on Vimeo, which you linked to."

Someone sent me that video which is why I know about it. It does not have a simplistic flavor it has a lack of fundmentals for Chen style here is someone who has been practicing for a year, though he looks robotic, a Chen stylist can make out the form and start to see some of the fundementals in it. That video looks like someone who may have had very little training and does not look like someone should be teaching Chen Taijiquan. Your new video I don't know, you have so many websites its hard to keep track of which one to go to in order to find things.

"You know, I wasn't going to bother to write the book about Mr. Yueng, but I thought it would be an easy way to supplement my social security income, and possibly find a very few good students. I need to cover some expenses, like, I'm two years behind on my house taxes, I need to get the old rusty trusty Land Cruiser licensed. Don't have any health, house, or car insurance.I would like to finish my house and be able to get a little furniture (we're using mostly plastic chairs now, and a couple of plastic tables.) I also need to get some surgery on my hand, and upgrade the little tin shacks we have for volunteers and students. That's just the tip of the iceberg, there's plenty more - so here I am whoring myself in front of a bunch of sometimes rude strangers in order to make ends meet, when ideally I should be staying hidden. Anyway, it beats having stayed in the states and needing government 'subsidies' to live, or be homeless"

Sorry your life sucks, but you choose to come here peddling your stuff expect criticism especially when you spout nonsense and try to say eveyone doesn't know neigong and you do.

"I really do believe that real nei kung is one of the most profound and valuable methods of self improvement that there is."
It is also one of the fastest ways someone can become delusional in their training.

"Anyway, my wife will be getting social security soon, and that will help a lot - so for ten cents I might say the hell with all this book and forum BS and just rest in peace, as I was advised recently by some spirit guide or something that you probably believe do not exist."
Your writing does come off a little delusional and mania and it reminds me of Ken Cohen's story about the Qigong master who could see rainbows and different levels.
Qigong Psychosis is very real. I have seen many people on Martialtalk since 2006 who share similar characteristics and try to sell some secret only they possess,
they follow always the same pattern
1.discredit all other teachers as not having the real skill
2. say only you have the real skill
3. come up with some crazy history, nonsense
4.Plug a book, video, retreat, membership

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Technically it wasn't assassin training, it was a blend of many internal arts, but the source of it, Red Boat Wing Chun+, was used by assassins.
Just say Wing Chun, even the guys doing Ninjutsu don't even use the term used by assassins:rolleyes:

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
So Bruce Lee said you know what, I am going to just study western boxing, fencing, wrestling and anything else I can get my hands on, drop this secret assassin lineage and make my art based on these arts and my sparring practice which is why his notes and everything points to looks like he did.

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
And of course Bruce Lee listened to him on this even though he completely went against every single other Chinese Kung fu rule and tradition by teacher westerners and publishing books on the subject which was frowned upon by the Chinese community and even put him at odds with his real teacher ip man but despite all that he refused to mention this one guy to literally anyone even though he'd broke every other rule in that community...hmm I'm sorry but that sounds very suspect to me

Mr. Yueng was his Uncle, main teacher and friend, he did listen to him. Mr. Yueng did not tell him to not teach gringos, but in fact he did not teach them the 'real' thing, so he was following tradition in a way. He liked money and popularity.

Mr. Yueng also wanted to only teach nei kung to Chinese people, but none were interested, so he was forced to teach a couple of gringos because of the unwritten law that a master of such a thing must teach at least one person before they die. He said that the American Chinese are only interested in chasing after the almighty dollar and were not interested in spiritual cultivation. He was so pissed of about that, that even three years after I started with him he said, and I quote: "Chinese people STUPID!". But actually he loved China and Chinese people, it gets complicated.

So the up-shoot of all that is that I'm probably one of the few people in the whole world who knows real nei kung and am willing to teach it to Westerners.

I think we're done with this Bruce Lee squabbling now. This thread is for nei kung. I will no longer answer stupid comments from clueless amateurs about Bruce Lee. GET THE MESSAGE???

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
For $700 a retreat better to just go to China and learn directly on the mountain.

The Chances of a gringo being taught an entire system of nei kung in China is vanishingly small, but one in a million may find the right teacher.

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry your life sucks, but you choose to come here peddling your stuff expect criticism especially when you spout nonsense and try to say eveyone doesn't know neigong and you do.

What is offered as nei kung to the public by the scammers is a lie. You would find out all the details if you read the book. But wait, you're calling me a liar, so you wouldn't read the book.

Your concept of Chen tai chi is a joke, my grandfather teacher is the notorious Feng Zhiquiang, and my teacher was Madam Gao Fu, Official National Living Treasure of China.

This is a partial list of my teachers, it does not include the guy that was high up in the CIA: A Lineage of Dragons

Last edited:

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Yueng was his Uncle, main teacher and friend, he did listen to him. Mr. Yueng did not tell him to not teach gringos, but in fact he did not teach them the 'real' thing, so he was following tradition in a way. He liked money and popularity.

Mr. Yueng also wanted to only teach nei kung to Chinese people, but none were interested, so he was forced to teach a couple of gringos because of the unwritten law that a master of such a thing must teach at least one person before they die. He said that the American Chinese are only interested in chasing after the almighty dollar and were not interested in spiritual cultivation. He was so pissed of about that, that even three years after I started with him he said, and I quote: "Chinese people STUPID!". But actually he loved China and Chinese people, it gets complicated.

So the up-shoot of all that is that I'm probably one of the few people in the whole world who knows real nei kung and am willing to teach it to Westerners.

I think we're done with this Bruce Lee squabbling now. This thread is for nei kung. I will no longer answer stupid comments from clueless amateurs about Bruce Lee. GET THE MESSAGE???
So the up-shoot of all that is that I'm probably one of the few people in the whole world who knows real nei kung and am willing to teach it to Westerners."
Well if we are going to base it on your latest Chen Taijiquan video
People are better learning from someone else frankly

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Chances of a gringo being taught an entire system of nei kung in China is vanishingly small, but one in a million may find the right teacher.
That is because no one in China teacher Nei Kung :D they teach Neigong:p
I do not have a problem learning in China and who is to say I do not know Neigong myself though I do not write books, make videos of it, or hold retreats, if I did teach that would be for free.

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry your life sucks

It's not sucky at all, it is WAY preferable to having remained in the land of poison. Like I said, since I'm not materialistic these financial things hardly bother me, I was just explaining why I wrote the book. Partly it was to out all the liars claiming to teach nei kung, and partly it was to find a couple of serious students.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's not sucky at all, it is WAY preferable to having remained in the land of poison. Like I said, since I'm not materialistic these financial things hardly bother me, I was just explaining why I wrote the book. Partly it was to out all the liars claiming to teach nei kung, and partly it was to find a couple of serious students.
Did you specifically name all the liars in your book? So we all know who they are so we too can grab a torch and pitch fork?

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That is because no one in China teacher Nei Kung :D they teach Neigong:p
I do not have a problem learning in China and who is to say I do not know Neigong myself though I do not write books, make videos of it, or hold retreats, if I did teach that would be for free.

I spell things how I feel like, and I'm old fashioned, traditional in a way. If you claim to know nie kung then you're probably one of the liars or the clueless student of an up-line liar, which is why this thread bothers you so much..

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
What is offered as nei kung to the public by the scammers is a lie. You would find out all the details if you read the book. But wait, you're calling me a liar, so you wouldn't buy the book.

Your concept of Chen tai chi is a joke, my grandfather teacher is Feng Zhiquiang, and my teacher was Madam Gao Fu, Official National Living Treasure of China.

This is a partial list of my teachers, it does not include the guy that was high up in the CIA: A Lineage of Dragons

they follow always the same pattern
1.discredit all other teachers as not having the real skill
2. say only you have the real skill
3. come up with some crazy history, nonsense
4.Plug a book, video, retreat, membership

What did I say before :D
Well considering my Chen Taijiquan line comes from Chen Xiaowang's line,
Bob Bacher line comes from Chen Line I have trained with Bob a long time ago in that line before I went into Chen Xiaowang's line.
Point was there are certain characteristics in Chen Taijiquan your form does not have them. Look at any Chen form and compare your form to them.
Chen Taijiquan isn't even my main internal art, I personally think my Chen Taijiquan is terrible, mostly because I do not practice my form, I am honest about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions