NEED HELP...please!

White spike

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone....

I really need help......What martial art should i choose?

I need something with few grabs(i dont like grabs),fast hits(punches,kicks,air kicks etc),stances to choose(defence,offence),acrobatics can be involved.

Im flexible and fast,not very strong but im doing weight lifting,push ups,sit ups etc...so i will be stronger.

Anything matches my criteria?

And i dont like boxing...i need something that has alot of techniques.

Please help me!!!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? What's your goal in training? What's available to you, in your area, and that you can actually get to class regularly? How much can you afford to pay?

OP
W

White spike

White Belt
Reaction score
well.....i can afford anything,i want to deal with certain person...theres no dojos around me.....BUT im very i repeat VERY stubborn dude...if i start something or if i want to start something i will accomplish it...no matter what way....

I will be buying martial arts books,Buying martial arts dvds etc....i just need an art that suits my criteria above....what could it be?

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What you described can be found to a degree in any art.
Its so generalized and vague. If you can't afford classes look for a job.

If you want to practice self defense off YouTube
Get a training group contact someone from the closest school
in that art and the group all help fund seminars with a live teacher.
at least this way you can get some legit training under a teacher.
After reading that you can buy videos and books
I see you can most likely contribute to funding seminars with a training
Group.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well.....i can afford anything,i want to deal with certain person...theres no dojos around me.....BUT im very i repeat VERY stubborn dude...if i start something or if i want to start something i will accomplish it...no matter what way....

I will be buying martial arts books,Buying martial arts dvds etc....i just need an art that suits my criteria above....what could it be?

Ok..who and what? Are you being bullied or has this person done something to you? Are you needing to do something now? Please try to explain why you need to learn a martial art to deal with this person and we will try to find ways for you to cope/sort/find a solution to whatever it is.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok..who and what? Are you being bullied or has this person done something to you? Are you needing to do something now? Please try to explain why you need to learn a martial art to deal with this person and we will try to find ways for you to cope/sort/find a solution to whatever it is.

good point. Depending on the situation, it may be that you need to speak with the police and get some help in that way. Training martial arts is not a quick answer to dealing with a hostile environment or hostile persons.

On the other hand, is it YOU (the OP) who is being hostile and going after someone else? It may be that YOU (the OP) need to grow up.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think wing chun. Sounds perfect for you.

Sent using Tapatalk. Please ignore typos.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi everyone....

I need something with few grabs(i dont like grabs),fast hits(punches,kicks,air kicks etc),stances to choose(defence,offence),acrobatics can be involved.

Im flexible and fast,not very strong but im doing weight lifting,push ups,sit ups etc...so i will be stronger.

Please help me!!!

This might just be because I'm in a less-than joyous mood, but no, there is nothing that suits your request. There are a number of reasons for this, including the fact that what you're asking for goes against why you're asking for it (to get able to defend yourself in a short amount of time, or even just to gave that as an aim, will take you towards less techniques, not more), as well as the detail that you are coming at this with no experience or knowledge other than movies to inform you about what is good or not (while not having any actual knowledge of any of them at all), and so on.

To be frank, you describe yourself as a 16 year old kid who lives in a "god forgotten country" with no actual martial art schools around you... it doesn't matter how stubborn you are, you cannot learn any martial art with noexperience without an instructor. At all. In fact, being stubborn can be a bad thing here, as it's stopping you from recognizing what you're being told, which can lead you to try what you're talking about here (DVDs and books as learning material), which can do far more harm than good. Especially if you start thinking you've learnt something, go after this other person, and get yourself severely beaten or worse as you've missed the actual training methodology (which cannot be given via DVDs or books) which is what makes these things work, not the techniques.

When it comes to being able to afford anything, again, you're a 16 year old kid living who knows where, so I'm kinda doubting that. If you are really independently wealthy, and you're interested in learning martial arts, move somewhere where there's a school. Without that, there's no chance.

White spike said:

Nothing. And the books and DVDs won't do anything other than give you a false feeling of knowledge. This plan has no chance.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
This might just be because I'm in a less-than joyous mood, but no, there is nothing that suits your request. There are a number of reasons for this, including the fact that what you're asking for goes against why you're asking for it (to get able to defend yourself in a short amount of time, or even just to gave that as an aim, will take you towards less techniques, not more), as well as the detail that you are coming at this with no experience or knowledge other than movies to inform you about what is good or not (while not having any actual knowledge of any of them at all), and so on.

To be frank, you describe yourself as a 16 year old kid who lives in a "god forgotten country" with no actual martial art schools around you... it doesn't matter how stubborn you are, you cannot learn any martial art with noexperience without an instructor. At all. In fact, being stubborn can be a bad thing here, as it's stopping you from recognizing what you're being told, which can lead you to try what you're talking about here (DVDs and books as learning material), which can do far more harm than good. Especially if you start thinking you've learnt something, go after this other person, and get yourself severely beaten or worse as you've missed the actual training methodology (which cannot be given via DVDs or books) which is what makes these things work, not the techniques.

When it comes to being able to afford anything, again, you're a 16 year old kid living who knows where, so I'm kinda doubting that. If you are really independently wealthy, and you're interested in learning martial arts, move somewhere where there's a school. Without that, there's no chance.

Nothing. And the books and DVDs won't do anything other than give you a false feeling of knowledge. This plan has no chance.
Im inclined to Agree with this.
There are too many Contradictions and Logical Fallacies in what You want.

Anyhow.
Good luck with Your Books, DVDs, and the fact You may well just want to be told what You want to hear.
You ask about MA 'for you', yet You seem to have already made up Your Mind on that.
Wushu.
Ninjutsu.
Muay Thai.
Taijutsu.
Kyusho Jutsu.
That aside, Chris has already gone a good job of picking apart the flaws in Your Idealogy, so Ill leave it at that.

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My advice is either obtain a dog, mace, or a gun!

And I'm not sure what exactly your asking for?

Sure, books, dvds, and other materials can SUPPLEMENT your training. But are by no means the fast approach to being able to defend yourself! Only training with a suitable and preferably qualified Instructor would even remotely give you a chance!

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone....

Please help me!!!

OIC Now, after I read this a few dozen times... (literally)

So, you don't like grabs, you don't like getting hit, you wouldn't mind acrobatics, don't like boxing, and need something with alot of techniques?

Sounds like you've pretty much ruled out any form of Martial Arts!

1) A majority of Martial Arts involves grabs!
2) A majority of Martial Arts involves strikes and being hit!
3) Acrobatics would do nothing in a fighting situation except get you seriously injured or worst!
4) Boxing 'techniques' can be found in just about every Martial Art system, by one means or another!
5) You want quality, not quantity!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My advice is either obtain a dog, mace, or a gun!

And I'm not sure what exactly your asking for?

Sure, books, dvds, and other materials can SUPPLEMENT your training. But are by no means the fast approach to being able to defend yourself! Only training with a suitable and preferably qualified Instructor would even remotely give you a chance!

Whoa! Remember you are talking to a 16 year old here who if people bothered to read his posts properly wants to sort someone out. Doesn't that concern anyone other than two of us?

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Whoa! Remember you are talking to a 16 year old here who if people bothered to read his posts properly wants to sort someone out. Doesn't that concern anyone other than two of us?

Good point! DO NOT BUY A GUN!!! I take it back!! Buy a puppy, a pitbull! ;) J.K.

OP
W

White spike

White Belt
Reaction score
A gun....good idea.

Seriously.............. Thanks Indie12!!!!

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A gun....good idea.

Seriously.............. Thanks Indie12!!!!

Seriously, DON'T BUY A GUN!!! Unless you wanna spend the rest of your life in federal lockup! I should've added in the original post I put concerning this, that I was merely kidding!!! You were asking or requesting difficult things to understand, so I (jokingly- of course) added that just to make a point! (Obviously I failed) Again, it was a joke, my apologizes I didn't mention that, and Please for the love of life, DON'T BUY A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
W

White spike

White Belt
Reaction score
Seriously, DON'T BUY A GUN!!! Unless you wanna spend the rest of your life in federal lockup! I should've added in the original post I put concerning this, that I was merely kidding!!! You were asking or requesting difficult things to understand, so I (jokingly- of course) added that just to make a point! (Obviously I failed) Again, it was a joke, my apologizes I didn't mention that, and Please for the love of life, DON'T BUY A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao....you fell for it........i aint retarded homie!!!! get ma self a .22 and blow the hell outa ma haters home boi!!!!!!!!

Lol

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lmao....you fell for it........i aint retarded homie!!!! get ma self a .22 and blow the hell outa ma haters home boi!!!!!!!!

Lol

Apparently, we all fell for your little game! :p

Uh, with regards to the 'retarded' mention, I'm not quite sure on that one! :)

OP
W

White spike

White Belt
Reaction score
now back to the topic.....anything matches my criteria???????......ok i can deal with FEW grabs...and i dont like boxing because its boring to me....any hand to hand martial art?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now back to the topic.....anything matches my criteria???????......ok i can deal with FEW grabs...and i dont like boxing because its boring to me....any hand to hand martial art?

Which of course you can teach yourself? It would probably be worthwhile sorting out why you need a martial art rather than finding one that 'fits' you.

Latest Discussions