Need a good school, HELP!

USNavy

White Belt
Reaction score
HI all,

Just relocated to Jacksonville Florida from Southwest Ohio, been training @ Shanes Martial Arts & am looking for someone or a small private school that teaches Shaolin Do Kungfu or something very close to the same discipline. Cannot find any shaolin schools in the Northeast Florida area. Would be willing to travel up to 40 miles or so even to Southeast Georgia. I've been in the same system for 8+ years now & really don't want to learn anything else.
Would appreciate some help here!
Kindest Regards,

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HI all,

Just relocated to Jacksonville Florida from Southwest Ohio, been training @ Shanes Martial Arts & am looking for someone or a small private school that teaches Shaolin Do Kungfu or something very close to the same discipline. Cannot find any shaolin schools in the Northeast Florida area. Would be willing to travel up to 40 miles or so even to Southeast Georgia. I've been in the same system for 8+ years now & really don't want to learn anything else.
Would appreciate some help here!
Kindest Regards,

It doesn't get more straight Shaolin than Wuzu Quan so check this place out...

https://kamleetka.zenplanner.com/zenplanner/portal/page.cfm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD. Please excuse typos & brevity of posts.

hechavez

White Belt
Reaction score
I take Tai Chi Chuan Yang and Choy Li Fut Kung Fu (which gets its punching and foot work from the southern Shaolin temple and its kicks from the northern Shaolin temple). Choy Li Fut gets its name from Grandmaster Choy and Grandmaster Li, Fut means Buddhism in Cantonese. Also, there is a school in Jacksonville, Florida (I was born in Tampa, Florida) that is Wing Chun which has its origins from a Buddhist nun and the Shaolin Temple:

Centerline Academy of Martial Arts
Wing Chun Kung Fu
1573 Atlantic Blvd
Jacksonville, Florida
United States
Sifu Armando Sainz
(904) 463-3123
[email protected]
http://www.centerlineacademy.com

By the way I am a purple sash in Choy Li Fut Kung Fu and a blue sash in Tai Chi Chuan Yang.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually he was at a SD school but was looking for a SD or a "shaolin" school in his area. I provided info for that.

Since there is no SD school available that I'd recommend to him (there's only 1 in the country that I would), I have him the best option available.

OP
U

USNavy

White Belt
Reaction score
I would rather NOT go to any school associated w/ Grandmaster Sin The' his schools have given Shaolin Do a bad name! Thanks to all who replied.

"I think he's looking specifically for a Shaolin Do school, under Grandmaster Sin The"

Last edited:

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Are their any schools of Shaolin Do that are not under Grandmaster Sin The? Didn't he make up Shaolin Do?

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Any CSC or SD school falls under Sin The.

I think though, he'll dig the school I suggested there in Jax. Straight up Fujianese MA that's arguably the heart to other regional MAs (or vice versa) & OMA's draw a definite reference from.

Blaze Dragon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Are their any schools of Shaolin Do that are not under Grandmaster Sin The? Didn't he make up Shaolin Do?

Actually :) he said he had made up the 30 thirty maneuvers learned in the lower belt ranks ;) He didn't make up the whole system, the name granted but not all the forms and movements. Just a few specific set of maneuvers, to teach the fundamentals of the art.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually :) he said he had made up the 30 thirty maneuvers learned in the lower belt ranks ;) He didn't make up the whole system, the name granted but not all the forms and movements. Just a few specific set of maneuvers, to teach the fundamentals of the art.

You might want to re-read his deposition from the "issue" out west. I believe I've got a copy of it in case you need it.

Blaze Dragon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You might want to re-read his deposition from the "issue" out west. I believe I've got a copy of it in case you need it.

sure if you have a link or anything I'd be interesting in reading it :) we just have a lot of actually forms and stuff too. Like Tai chi 24 Peking style, Chen tai chi 83 for some examples that are actually forms. So I suppose it depends on what you mean by made up. either way I'd be interesting it reading it.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sure if you have a link or anything I'd be interesting in reading it :) we just have a lot of actually forms and stuff too. Like Tai chi 24 Peking style, Chen tai chi 83 for some examples that are actually forms. So I suppose it depends on what you mean by made up. either way I'd be interesting it reading it.

Ok... I think I should be able to get them posted here. If not I'll send you a link to a Dropbox site. Let me check with mgmt since this is a legal & sworn deposition.

Latest Discussions