Something like this realistic?

darkmind

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

in approximately four months I will go to China. Since I will have a lot of free time on my hands I plan on learning kung fu for five-six hours a day.
So do you think it is possible to find a school that teaches several hours a day? How do I best find a good school?(style does not really matter, as long as it's not show and acrobatics) I have heard that one should just go to the parks and start looking for people practicing kung fu there.
Regarding town, which would be the best for such an endeavour?

Well, thanks for reading and for any advice/thoughts on this.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

in approximately four months I will go to China. Since I will have a lot of free time on my hands I plan on learning kung fu for five-six hours a day.
So do you think it is possible to find a school that teaches several hours a day? How do I best find a good school?(style does not really matter, as long as it's not show and acrobatics) I have heard that one should just go to the parks and start looking for people practicing kung fu there.
Regarding town, which would be the best for such an endeavour?

Well, thanks for reading and for any advice/thoughts on this.

Did I see this right that you don't know where you'll be yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD. Please excuse typos & brevity of posts.

OP
D

darkmind

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes, that is right. Although there is some likelyhood that I end up in either Shanghai or Yang Shou or Fuzhou.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You are asking to look for any style and in 3 different places.
I really couldn't help you in your search its to vague.
But yes go to the Parks you find people there. If you can
read Chinese you can search baidou for school websites.
You can go on QQ they have wushu groups, I am in QQ Wudang group.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So basically you don’t know where you are going in China and you do not have any specific style in mind and the trip is only 4 months away which puts you in November

Do you at least speak Mandarin?

Do you currently train any marital arts?
Is so what style do you train?

If you do not speak any applicable dialect of Chinese then you will also need a translator because it is likely the sifu will not speak english and the goes double for the parks. Also you best bring lots of money because a forigner that does not speak the language just means dollar signs to many teaching martial arts in China these days.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
All of what Xue Sheng said.
No job? Sounds great, find out where you will be and we may be able to help a little more.
Important you start learning mandarin or cantonese.