need advice

repulsemonkey

White Belt
Reaction score
I could use some help in finding a new school/sifu in kungfu. I have been training for the last 2 years and the principal style i have studied is longfist. I also have some southern forms, chinese kenpo, shuai jiou, tai chi, and kali. I have been training at a commercial storefront school and I have not had a good experience there...i will spare the details...it is a long complicated story. I really want to find a traditional school or sifu in the NYC area. I am willing to drive a couple of hours to train cause i love kungfu. I just want more of an old school, not so much about the money experience. If anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Im not very picky about the style but i'd prefer southern shaolin, shuai jiou, bagua, or hsing-i.
Thanks!

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In the NYC area? You have so much available to you, you should be able to find a dozen schools in your area to train with. Off the top of my head I can think of Moy Yat Wing Chun, Shi Yan Ming's Shaolin, Black Taoist's Bagua and Xingyi. There's a ton of CMA in NYC, you've just gotta look and do the leg work.

Latest Discussions