Need a Dojang in Florida!

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

I have a student who is transfering out for college. She will be living in a town called Marianna, FL. I am not familiar with the city, and would love some input from the MA.Talk community!

We are looking to relocate her to a familiar environment! Chang Heon, Traditional - Taekwondo. Perferably from an Ohdokwan lineage!

Please no ITA or ATA referals (this is merely a matter of preference)

TAEKWON!
Spookey

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think there are a lot of ITA places in Florida...

:ultracool

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Marianna is a small place I think of these places like those small towns you see in the Twilight zone shows.

Tallahassee is about an hour away east and Panama city is about an hour away west. You would have better luck in Tallahassee or Panama because they are bigger areas but you may not find exactly what you are looking for. You may have to travel a bit or study an art with similarities.

I would be surprised if someone from Marianna has a computer to answer your question.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Marianna is a small place I think of these places like those small towns you see in the Twilight zone shows.

Tallahassee is about an hour away east and Panama city is about an hour away west. You would have better luck in Tallahassee or Panama because they are bigger areas but you may not find exactly what you are looking for. You may have to travel a bit or study an art with similarities.

I would be surprised if someone from Marianna has a computer to answer your question.

ROFLMAO!!!

Actually Panama City is to the south. Pensacola to the west...but it's a bit of a hike.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You are correct Panama city is south you can tell I do not travel that way often. :lfao: I have been to places like it being from Miami which is like 70% latino and then going to a place which is 70% white is really weird to me.

There are some small areas around there that are real southern I am from Miami and white and I don't fit in there(I need urban culture with cursing and noise and violence) But the people are real nice which makes me suspcious because in Miami when someone is being nice to you they are trying to take advantage of you.