Need a dojang in Georgia...

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

I have a student who is moving to the Warner Robing / Macon, Georgia area. He asked for my assistance in relocating his training. I am not familiar with any TKD dojangs in the area so I have put in a few calls to instructors in that region and am pending their response.

Anyone that knows of a good old school TKD Dojang in the area PLEASE REPLY. (Preferably Chang Hon Style TKD, but not mandatory as long as it is hardline and teaches functioning martial arts!

TAEKWON
Spookey

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not so familiar in that area. Being born there only goes so far. :D

If s/he were coming a little farther north, I'd be glad to offer suggestions/recommendations.

Just from what I found on the net, there's TKD a plenty there & it's seemingly either ATA or from the Hae San group out of Macon.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, there is an ITA school in Macon, run by Bert Brown. Though the overall program of the organization is a bit softer than some people like it, I understand that Mr Brown is a no gimmicks instructor.

(he is a student of Sr Master Ron Allman)

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not so familiar in that area. Being born there only goes so far. :D

If s/he were coming a little farther north, I'd be glad to offer suggestions/recommendations.

Just from what I found on the net, there's TKD a plenty there & it's seemingly either ATA or from the Hae San group out of Macon.
Off topic, but what is the Hae San group?

Daniel

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, there is an ITA school in Macon, run by Bert Brown. Though the overall program of the organization is a bit softer than some people like it, I understand that Mr Brown is a no gimmicks instructor.

(he is a student of Sr Master Ron Allman)

Why can't I edit my post? hmmm

Oh well...

dug up the link:
http://ita212.itaonline.com/local/default.aspx

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I live in Warner Robins and teach Kenpo in Macon.

There's literally a TKD school on every corner down here.

ATA in abundance!

There are other schools though, some WTF and so forth.

If he's looking for more traditional Korean-style TKD he should go to Ahn's Fitness on Vineville Ave. Ahn's has been around for 50+ years and IMHO would be his best bet for TKD in this area.

Here's the website: http://www.haesan.org/

Sylo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am from Cordele Ga.

About 45 minutes from Warner Robins.

I train at GTC studio, under Master Arthur Jackson. He's 5th dan under the ITF/Chun Do Kwan (I believe it is). Has been open for over 25 years. Opened in 1978 I think.

I know its pretty far to drive.. but its an option.

Also, I 2nd the Haesan school. I know one of the instructors Terry Jump, via my work and he is a very stand up guy. I don't know much about the school itself or the style but if you go to their website.. www.byrontaekwondo.com i think it is.

It awesome to see so many GA folks representing.

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I second what Sylo is saying here.

It would be awesome to have a new face at our dojang, but the drive may be a little more than what someone would want to commit to 3+ times a week.

It's cool to see other posters here that are from the same general area...we should get together and train sometime.

Latest Discussions