Naming Your Bo Staff?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Billy" club & "Bubba" stik:

yhst-15908389852112_2267_15074769

BBSFront2.jpg
I saw this thread, looked at the last person that posted, and came up with... wait for it... Grumpy Stick Man! :)

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm bored and trying to stave off sleep (don't ask)...

I love my bo staff, I take it everywhere with me, even my job where I need security clearance and I'm locked away from the rest of the building in a whole other area. I really enjoy practicing with it, it's good and heavy and helps build strength in my arms at my very sedentary career. Like many others I placed my initials on it and colorful tape to mark ownership, but I was asked the other day if I had named it. And no. I then realized I haven't really named much of anything, not even a cutesy pet name for a love interest.

Does anyone have a name for their bo staff? Or any other weapon or inanimate object?
Not really. But I have a suggestions for yours:
Favor or Union.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have a couple of staves, and I gave both of them names. In fact every weapon I own has a name.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No real names for them. I simply call them what they're made out of, and then add "bo" to it. Thus...

Brazilian Rosewood Bo
Brazilian Walnut Bo
Brazilian Cherry Bo
Purpleheart Bo
Hickory Bo (lighter)
Hickory Bo (darker)
Black Locust Bo
Tropical Olive Bo

I guess that makes them all in the same family...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kudos! I'm surprised it took this long before someone made this joke. LOL :flushed:

Yeah, but I'm sure it's not a very......er....long name! :lfao:

In all seriousness, I've heard of named swords.....none of my swords are old enough for that. I've made knives, but none of my knives have names.

I have given cars names, all gal's.

And trucks names, all comic book villain's.

And motorcycles names, all comic book superhero's.

Sticks, though? They've all had the same two names, whether it was that 12" lignum vitae billyclub, a cane, a hanbo, a rokushakubo, or even that size 28 Al Kaline Louisville Slugger I kept in the back of the car for years,

They were either "stick," or, when I was in a certain mood, "the Lobotomizer." :lfao:

Seriously, I've known people who named firearms, and always thought them a bit insane.......

.....or they were Marines, which is pretty much the same thing. :lfao:

BrothersMA

White Belt
Reaction score
I love my staff and would take it everywhere if i could! But no i dont have a name for it because its name is bo staff already. I guess i could call it bo for short (yes yes bo means staff so bo staff is staff staff blahblahblah)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a Staffy. Many think they are a very good weapon.

upload_2016-3-13_10-19-43.png

Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
aww they're nice animals like every dog without "misuse" by dumb people.

funny thread i think. but also i think "bo" is already a nice nickname for whatever. :D

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love my bo staff, I take it everywhere with me, even my job where I need security clearance and I'm locked away from the rest of the building in a whole other area. I really enjoy practicing with it, it's good and heavy and helps build strength in my arms at my very sedentary career. Like many others I placed my initials on it and colorful tape to mark ownership, but I was asked the other day if I had named it. And no. I then realized I haven't really named much of anything, not even a cutesy pet name for a love interest.

Does anyone have a name for their bo staff? Or any other weapon or inanimate object?
I don't name my weapons but I people often call the staff that I use "Tree."

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bo is the Japanese word for staff, it's not a nickname.
okay thats enough. everytime i make a joke here, you take it seriously and think, i'm a moron.
with such people it's no fun to make conversation here. :facepalm:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay thats enough. everytime i make a joke here, you take it seriously and think, i'm a moron.
with such people it's no fun to make conversation here. :facepalm:

Ok, I know you don't speak English as a first language, you said the thread was 'funny' that can mean you think it's weird/strange/peculiar or it could mean you find it amusing. However if you said it was laughable you would be insulting. English is a strange language and basically what you need to do is flag up when you make a joke and preferably make the joke funny, which yours wasn't. There is no comedy value in saying ' I think bo is already a nice nickname for whatever' it simply didn't make any sense.
We don't think you are a moron, we think you are having difficulties with one of the most difficult languages on the planet, some of your ideas about martial arts though are a bit silly.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the problem is, that you are an
Internet troll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if you don't put a stupid comment on every single post in this forum you wouldn't have to quarrel that often, but i think thats your meaning of life.

As you've been here a grand total of 31 days to my 10 years I will bow to your obviously superior wisdom.
I can't help it if your jokes don't make people laugh though :confused:

Latest Discussions