N. Korea comes clean about nukes

Technopunk said:
Me.

I could USE one mind you. But Unfortunatley I dont have one.
He said NUKE, Techno, not NUDE.

asangria said:
Who doesn't have a nuke?
The continent of South America has mutually decided to remain nuclear weapon free.

Not in Argentina.
Not in Brazil.
Not in Chile.

Flatlander said:
According to whom?
The whole incedent was originally thought to be a train collision. What it turned out to be was a chemical weapon explosion that occured on a train north of pyongyang. I don't know if there was much coverage of it on the american news, since I was living in S. Korea at the time, but it was all over the S. Korean news. The "Dear Leader" using the money to buy a new fleet of cars came out a few weeks later. Plus it was hardly the first time that the gov't squandered their humanitarian aid on luxuries or military equipment.
-David Dempsey-

D Dempsey said:
Think about this too. If N. Korea is such a big problem for us, why do you think the US Army just pulled 12,000 soldiers out of South Korea? For the most part we feel that the South Korean military is capable of dealing with them.
-David Dempsey-
I don't think that a conventional war is a worry so troop numbers in the area are not so relevant(to my thinking), the North has had for a long time an over-whelming majority numbers wise, just not technology wise or the ability to move them south. I think the main concern is that the great leader is allowing his people to fall further and further behind. At this point it seems like it would be impossible to join the two countries again. Eventually though something will break, my worry is when it does it may be a case of the mouse biting the cat as it is killed, and considering the types of weapons that NK has at its disposal, it is a frightening prospect.

Blind said:
I don't think that a conventional war is a worry so troop numbers in the area are not so relevant(to my thinking), the North has had for a long time an over-whelming majority numbers wise, just not technology wise or the ability to move them south. I think the main concern is that the great leader is allowing his people to fall further and further behind. At this point it seems like it would be impossible to join the two countries again. Eventually though something will break, my worry is when it does it may be a case of the mouse biting the cat as it is killed, and considering the types of weapons that NK has at its disposal, it is a frightening prospect.
This is actually the exact thing that the US and S. Korea are worried about.

Given the materials needed, I could make a nuke!! It aint that hard. They already have the reactor, thus the enriching capability. That and a skilled glass cutter, could fashion a crude gun style A-bomb similar to what we dropped on Japan.

Back