Mythbusters Gets A Tad Carried Away - Boom!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.kcra.com/cnn-news/19016582/detail.html

Mythbusters 'Big Bang' Shatters Windows

Residents Rocked In Yolo County

Mythbusters went to Yolo County and ended up with a bigger bang than expected."It was a boom that was just -- I had never heard anything like that before, it was really wired," said Sherril Stephens.The explosion was so big it shook the town of Esparto, knocking Stephens off her couch and breaking her front window."Course all the neighbors ran out into the street. We didn't know what was going on," said Paul Williams, who heard the explosion.Some people said they thought it was a plane crash, others, a house explosion.The smoke and dust rose from the site about a mile from town.It turns out the Discovery channel's Mythbusters were taping an episode there.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have only watched the show a few times. It's mildly entertaining, but I've got to hand it to them - anyone who can figure out a way to blow **** up just to see what happens and get paid for it is a freakin' genius.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I loved it when they tried to clean the inside of a cement truck with dynamite. When it failed to work (myth busted), they just kept putting more and more dynamite in it until they finally said the heck with it and loaded it up by boom sticks. There was almost literally nothing left of the truck - it just vanished. So cool.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. the Mythbusters have got the best job....EVAR!

Peace,
Erik

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kari's cool. We used to party a lot together in College. One night we were all Drinking in this place called Slyppies and decided to get tattooed... she was sitting there in her bra while they started doing the ink on her shoulder, and then you wanna know the best part?

I made all that up and you were ALL jealous for about 30 seconds. HAHA.

Latest Discussions