Myspace.com - Anyone Belong?

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
ITs not that its a bad thing, but it is if not regulated by parents. Parents just need to step up and realize what their kid is doing online, and take care of business. I look at it as a tool. A knife can be used for good or evil, its all in the application.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a MySpace blog (link is in my profile), and I've been able to reconnect with a couple old college buddies through it. Also found some classmates from high school, though I don't know if I necessarily want to hook up with them again. High school kinda...sucked...

You just have to use some common sense with MySpace or any other blogsite. Don't post last names, birthdates, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, or any other personal information. Oh yeah...and be mindful of what kind of pics you post of yourself.

Though I don't have in my profile that I'm looking for a relationship, I've gotten hit on countless times by strange weirdos. I just ignore those emails.

By the way, if you want to add me to your "Friends" list, please send me an email so I know who you are. :) I'd like to get to know people a little before adding them.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a myspace page, i'm not a huge fan of it but it does help keep me in contact with some cool people.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just "pimped" my page today. I've had it for a few months now and never did much with design...it was kinda fun. :uhyeah:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
I just "pimped" my page today. I've had it for a few months now and never did much with design...it was kinda fun. :uhyeah:

Hmmm It does looked Pimped out. I might need some coaching on how to do osmething like :) ;)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Hmmm It does looked Pimped out. I might need some coaching on how to do osmething like :) ;)

I don't know HTML (unlike my computer genius 15-year-old daughter)...so I used a website where you can set up a page and it gives you the whole code to copy and paste. I'll send you the site link if you're interested. (c'mon Rich..pimp that page!) lol

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
I don't know HTML (unlike my computer genius 15-year-old daughter)...so I used a website where you can set up a page and it gives you the whole code to copy and paste. I'll send you the site link if you're interested. (c'mon Rich..pimp that page!) lol

I did Pimp it out.

I was pasting it in and it would show the code :(

So I talked to another friend who had his pimped and found it would only work from this site if it was pasted into the last box after the existing HTML code.

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
I got a myspace prfile about 2 weeks ago I like it! i understand the dangers of myspace but all of it can be avoided. make sure your kids know never to agree to meet anyone from MYSPACE! and only to accept people you know in to there friends list

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is good and bad in everything. You have to have commen sense. Dude, it just amazes me at some of the stuff I have heard of in conjunction with this myspace.com stuff.

trav101

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Personally, don't know anything about myspace and don't care too. Isn't that really just the new 'neighborhood', kind of like what AOL used to be back in the mid-90's? I'll stick with the MT neighborhood.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
trav101 said:
Personally, don't know anything about myspace and don't care too. Isn't that really just the new 'neighborhood', kind of like what AOL used to be back in the mid-90's? I'll stick with the MT neighborhood.

There are both good and bad things about MySpace. It is cool being able to stay in contact with long-lost friends; I found two of my old college buddies on MySpace (haven't talked to either of them for over five years). But I've also gotten hit on by a countless number of weirdos - some of them at least 15 years my junior. BLEH!

Some of the MySpace groups I participated in have been less than enjoyable, because they tend to denigrate into flamefests - mainly due to lack of moderation. Though this one social workers group has been actually quite useful...

trav101

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
well, it is good to know that myspace has a real purpose, besides highschool groupie hang out arena. Perhaps I should check it out and find some of my old Air Force buds... or perhaps a Jedi Master... yes, you aren't the only Jedi wannabee!!

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I enjoy myspace very much. I have met up with alot of long lost friends through myspace, and met some really cool people. My page is in my sig.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have a cool space on my space.I like it for the way I can put my add ect. However I dont like the multitude of mail I get from those saying thier freinds,& when you click on it-Its an add for loans ect.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
trav101 said:
well, it is good to know that myspace has a real purpose, besides highschool groupie hang out arena. Perhaps I should check it out and find some of my old Air Force buds... or perhaps a Jedi Master... yes, you aren't the only Jedi wannabee!!

Oh yeah...there are plenty of aspiring Jedi on MySpace. Some of them tried contacting me too. ;) I have to admit, this one Mara Jade look-alike was pretty impressive. She also had better lightsaber effects in her profile pic.

Latest Discussions