My TSA approved improvised weapon choice.......

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dude. He said it. Do his kids have an account here? No? It was him then. Not his kids.

We can take this offline. But dude. He posted pictures of his gun with his suppressor in response to me asking him about the case being an effective improvised weapon. In a thread about TSA and airports. Seriously. Give me a break. What the hell are you doing?

DUDE !

Chill on the Dude please .

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dude. He said it. Do his kids have an account here? No? It was him then. Not his kids.

We can take this offline. But dude. He posted pictures of his gun with his suppressor in response to me asking him about the case being an effective improvised weapon. In a thread about TSA and airports. Seriously. Give me a break. What the hell are you doing?
Uh oh, the word police are coming......dude. :) :)
Dude, I wish I had a snazzy assassin kit. I imagine it has gadgets and a cool outfit like snake eyes from G.I. Joe!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So assassin’s kit doesnt bother you, but dude does. Huh.

Rich what do your kids call your assassin’s kit?

Bothered ?
Duuude ?!?

As to Kids, Thank you for presuming I reproduced. ;)
And the Bonus kids call it my stuff and don't care.
I call my stuff a go bag, with protein bars I rotate out, and keep water and also some things always on hand.

One might say a kit.
Yet I have no intention for said kit other than getting through a rough spot / long weekend.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Dude, I wish I had a snazzy assassin kit. I imagine it has gadgets and a cool outfit like snake eyes from G.I. Joe!
Yeah, there's a point where it crosses over into something I'd consider unhealthy. Fantasizing about being a trained killer, and purchasing actual weapons... calling it an assassin's kit... that's a far cry from GI Joe or ninja cosplay.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a point where it crosses over into something I'd consider unhealthy. Fantasizing about being a trained killer, and purchasing actual weapons... calling it an assassin's kit... that's a far cry from GI Joe or ninja cosplay.
There isn’t anything necessarily unhealthy about purchasing actual weapons. There are actual shooting sports where gear of the nature we are speaking of is necessary. Take a look at 3 gun events. I think it’s possible your bias against firearms is leading you astray. Lots of people own and train with weapons of all kinds. There are National competitions with hundreds of individuals involved. There are many folks involved that are actually trained killers(ex and active duty military combat operators). None of that is necessarily unhealthy. I remember being a cadet and thinking that Rangers and SEALs were the epitome of heroes. I believe that is even more true today. However we may feel about war or politics or guns, the folks who put it all on the line for us and for each other are some of the most selfless people amongst us. That willingness to execute the job they do is beyond what most people will ever experience. That is a reason people want to emulate these heroic figures by training and collecting gear and weapons and competing in events of this nature. True, it may be misguided under certain circumstances or in some individuals, but I don’t think that is the case here. In much the same way, some people may see a negative and unnecessary violence in a BJJ class. One guy mashing another guy into the mat and then choking him out could be seen as an abhorrent sort of activity to the untrained or uneducated eye. Try to see it through that lens, or maybe try out a shooting club. You may find that these folks aren’t really very different from a martial arts club, they are typically very welcoming to novice shooters and want to share their hobby.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There isn’t anything necessarily unhealthy about purchasing actual weapons. There are actual shooting sports where gear of the nature we are speaking of is necessary. Take a look at 3 gun events. I think it’s possible your bias against firearms is leading you astray. Lots of people own and train with weapons of all kinds. There are National competitions with hundreds of individuals involved. There are many folks involved that are actually trained killers(ex and active duty military combat operators). None of that is necessarily unhealthy. I remember being a cadet and thinking that Rangers and SEALs were the epitome of heroes. I believe that is even more true today. However we may feel about war or politics or guns, the folks who put it all on the line for us and for each other are some of the most selfless people amongst us. That willingness to execute the job they do is beyond what most people will ever experience. That is a reason people want to emulate these heroic figures by training and collecting gear and weapons and competing in events of this nature. True, it may be misguided under certain circumstances or in some individuals, but I don’t think that is the case here. In much the same way, some people may see a negative and unnecessary violence in a BJJ class. One guy mashing another guy into the mat and then choking him out could be seen as an abhorrent sort of activity to the untrained or uneducated eye. Try to see it through that lens, or maybe try out a shooting club. You may find that these folks aren’t really very different from a martial arts club, they are typically very welcoming to novice shooters and want to share their hobby.
It’s always possible, though I’m not anti-gun, any more than I'm anti-alcohol because I think we need to have limits on who can drink it or buy it. Or anti-car because I think we need to have limits on who can operate them. But you seem to want to chat about this. So, let's chat.

I see guns as a tool, as a knife is a tool. And when guys start naming their swords, using language that references harm to other people (e.g., assassin), and pretending to be real life ninja with live blades, that’s concerning to me. You said it can be healthy. I don't see any way that is healthy.

In the same way, guys engage in fantasy like the above with guns, it's similarly concerning to me.

So, all that to say, you and some others around here have a clear pro-gun bias. The answer to any question about guns is yes. I think it's more likely that your pro-gun bias is leading you astray. It clouds discussions that intersect with guns because on a spectrum, you and others are so far to one side, anything short of complete agreement is characterized as anti-gun. That, my friend, is also not healthy. The default site position on guns is that we can only talk about them positively. Anything else is political. That's not too good.

And when someone, in response to a question about a case, posts pictures of the case, the gun, his suppressor, and in that same post refers to it as his assassin's kit, we're in some pretty dangerous territory. I think if you weren't so biased, you could see it.

Latest Discussions