My Intro

chazlink

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking on these forums for long enough and I wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you all for the great information and discussions that can be found here. There really is a great amount of information, and the best part is, most of it is really constructive, unlike many other similar sites.

So here is my very short (up to this point) MA background:

I have always been interested in training in Martial Arts for both physical and mental empowerment. Recently settling down with a good job has afforded me the time needed to do so.

Last year I started studying Shaolin-do. I was drawn to the art because of my interest in Chinese Martial Arts, and the great styles/history that goes along with them.

After achieving Yellow Belt this year, I came accross this forum, along with others, and became aquainted with the many controversies surrounding the art. It was like finding out Santa Claus didn't exist. I was totally disappointed, although I do have to admit, that since day 1, I always thought something was strange with the program. Now I am not here to bash anyone's art, and my Sifu specifically is an amazing teacher and a great person. My problem is with the claims of Sin The'. I personally cannot continue training in an art that I do not believe 100% in, nor give such an organization my time/money. Basically, considering all of the historical discrepancies and clearly false claims, I decided that this art was not for me.

So now I am back at square 1, but this time, thanks to the great info here, I am much better prepared to make a choice that fits me better. I am going to be attending a local Kali/Escrima class, a JKD class, and a Muay Thai class in the upcoming weeks and hopefully finding a home among them.

So thanks to all for the great discussions and dissemination of information here...even though you may not know it - you are helping people every day.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Chazlink,

First, welcome to MT... you found the right place to learn...

Second, good call on starting in another art... you'll love the FMA's, and the JKD, I'm sure...

Have a great day!

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome former lurker..Enjoy the forums...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome we must all come out of the shadows at some time and happy posting

Latest Discussions