My experience with American kenpo

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't know what sort of 'self defence' class you go to but it sounds extremely strange much like most of your posts about policing, crime and now self defence which are lurid fantasies. How many people do you think spend the time screaming and shouting as self defence? Some of your sentences in this post make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Police were taught ;de escalation in the nineties and the eighties and the seventies and the sixties, in fact it's always been there. You know nothing absolutely nothing.

I do wish you would stop posting up things you think are true about policing and really aren't.

So you are telling me all the martial arts class and self defense class in your area there is no yelling or screaming.

When you execute a attack there is no yelling or screaming?

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't know what sort of 'self defence' class you go to but it sounds extremely strange much like most of your posts about policing, crime and now self defence which are lurid fantasies. How many people do you think spend the time screaming and shouting as self defence? Some of your sentences in this post make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Police were taught ;de escalation in the nineties and the eighties and the seventies and the sixties, in fact it's always been there. You know nothing absolutely nothing.

I do wish you would stop posting up things you think are true about policing and really aren't.

Just before we go any where do you know what de escalation vs escalation means?

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Have you seen police deal with public? I have. Many times.

Police are not going talk you into handcuffs, there not school councillors or your mom or dad. They give an order and if you do not comply you will be tasered or taken to the ground.

Some officers are more calm and relax than other officers and by two or third not complying than you get tasered or taken to the ground.

Some officers are more cool doing an investigation standing up and other officers you will be ask to sit down on the ground or be cuffed in back seat of police car well they do the investigation. Well depending on call and other factors play apart and the department.

It was one of posters here saying police officers are aggressive. It was me saying that not enough info to go on. A car chase, foot chase, robbery, burglary, shooting and gun call so on the cops are not going to go around and sit around and that me talk you into cuffs or be bleeding heart liberal hippie. If that was what the poster was getting at the police being too aggressive.

Or cop showing up at car stop , traffic stop,MVA, suspicions person or suspicions vehicle and being aggressive. If that what poster was getting at.

Last edited:

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Again I thing poster will have to clearly what he means by cops being too aggressive or us vs them.

Some cops are more calm and relax than other cops.

But I never seen cops running around yelling and screaming. Unless you have weapon or it is fight than cop will will yell and say get down face down on the ground. If that want the poster was getting at or meaning some thing else here.

Like cop showing up at minor call like complaint, dispute, traffic related, car stop, person stop, suspicions person or suspicions vehicle and being very aggressive if that what the poster was getting at.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[
So you are telling me all the martial arts class and self defense class in your area there is no yelling or screaming.

When you execute a attack there is no yelling or screaming?

We are adults, we don't scream like little children, most of my students are trained killers, why would they run around screaming and shouting. In fact why the hell would anyone run around screaming and shouting when they are defending themselves?

Just before we go any where do you know what de escalation vs escalation means?

funnily enough I do, do you because your ignorance is escalating by the minute.

Have you seen police deal with public? I have. Many times.

Wow, am I supposed to be impressed, should I bow down to your superior knowledge or should I do what I'm doing now, rolling around laughing at you.

Police are not going talk you into handcuffs, there not school councillors or your mom or dad. They give an order and if you do not comply you will be tasered or taken to the ground.

Actually where I come the police do indeed 'talk' you into handcuffs, often they aren't even used when taking someone into custody. Police officers are more than used to dealing with situations that require, exceptional social work skills, an arrest at the end of an incident is not what the police are always looking for, which is why here we have street cautions, banning orders etc so that arrests don't always have to happen. The police here don't always 'order' either, that comes after they've asked and someone hasn't complied.

Some officers are more calm and relax than other officers and by two or third not complying than you get tasered or taken to the ground.

Here you will only be taken to the ground and/or tasered if you have attacked the officers and are violent towards them and others, it's not done as a matter of course.

It was one of posters here saying police officers are aggressive. It was me saying that not enough info to go on. A car chase, foot chase, robbery, burglary, shooting and gun call so on the cops are not going to go around and sit around and that me talk you into cuffs or be bleeding heart liberal hippie. If that was what the poster was getting at the police being too aggressive.

Really? I mean really? You are an illiterate numpty. ( yes that's personal but am really fed up of the lies being posted)

Or cop showing up at car stop , traffic stop,MVA, suspicions person or suspicions vehicle and being aggressive. If that what poster was getting at.

What the hell are you chuntering on about? You have seen a police stop, you have watched a film, great it makes you an expert on policing around the world, now, do us a favour go get some life experience in the real world and stop posting such utter drivel here on something you know nothing about. I suspect you don't actually know much about policing in your country let alone anyone else's.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah that happens in the movies that'd be the guy who the hero sees being a jerk and beats him up because the guy challenges him lol

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I knew a marine who fought in Vietnam, hand to hand, sometimes, and he was an advocate of shouting at them before he killed them. :)

Latest Discussions