My current collection

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
IMG_0372.jpg

Ok, so the three on the right are DVD's, but I think I do have the book with the longest title in the world next to them ;-)

OP
P

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Got a ways to go I see. :D
Yes, plenty of free space on the bookshelf. Fortunately Iain Abernethy is bringing some of his Podcasts out as a book, so there's one. And the next time attend one of Sensei Burke's Seminars, it would be rude not to buy another of his.

Other recommendations are gratefully accepted though ;-)

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, plenty of free space on the bookshelf. Fortunately Iain Abernethy is bringing some of his Podcasts out as a book, so there's one. And the next time attend one of Sensei Burke's Seminars, it would be rude not to buy another of his.

images

My son has an autographed copy of his book on Sai.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's what I was able to find on my shelves with a quick search for martial arts related books. Probably have some more but my bookshelves are such a mess that it's hard to find things. I've probably had 2-3 times this number over the course of my life but I have to trim things down occasionally. I have a lot more videos than books, but most of them are in binders or on hard drives or on apps, so they don't line up so impressively.
books2_cropped.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Book accumulate in my house at an alarming rate. All kinds of books. If I saved every Martial Arts book I ever read I would have no place to sleep, so I get rid of them. Man, I love books.

And as Groucho said, "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
IMG_0372.jpg

Ok, so the three on the right are DVD's, but I think I do have the book with the longest title in the world next to them ;-)

I've got some of those books, most notably The Little Black Book Of Violence. I've just read a little so far, need to do more reading.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice subject. I cannot share my current collection because it is a shame. Most of my books are miles from here.

Which ones do you prefer and why?

About self-defence, I like reading Rory Miller. About fighting / strategy, my #1 is The Art of War.

DaveB

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Karate my art by Choki Motobu, good if you're still interested in karate bunkai.

Latest Discussions