Music

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, we have a forum full of varied people, varied arts, cultures, and varied ages,

Im curious to know what types of music do everyone listen to??? Genre? Artists?

Are you a Marley Fan? A Parrothead? Goth? Into Brittney Spears (Not that way you pervs)...

Well- I like a lot of different musicians, but I am NOT drawn to opera, country or rap for the most part.

My favorite all time group is U2. I also enjoy Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, Sting, Depeche Mode, Enya, Enigma, Jars of Clay, Newsboys, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, I could go on and on and on, but those are some of my favorites.

:asian: :karate:

Easier to define what I don't like or what I listen to in which situations. I just can't get into citar (Indian) music, sceaming pointless string bashing (death metal), or most show tunes. Just about everything else can find a home on my stereo at some time or another. . . . .and I love Brittney, but I do mean in that way. :EG:

I listen to R&B and Hip Hop. And technically Im a lot younger then Britney so Im allowed to be into her That way :D

I listen to most anything. 70's, hip hop, some rap, and I like Christina Aguilera.:D

Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
I just can't get enough of that hard core techno. LOA, Revco, NIN.

Dude! Revco and NIN are NOT TECHNO!!!!

As a Rivethead, I can assure you both of those, (although I could argue that NIN moved beyond it) are both INDUSTRIAL Bands. Love REVCO BTW, and I have seen Lords in concert a couple times, tho I could take em or leave em. Sounds like you have good taste in music tho.... :D

Originally posted by Technopunk
Dude! Revco and NIN are NOT TECHNO!!!!

As a Rivethead, I can assure you both of those, (although I could argue that NIN moved beyond it) are both INDUSTRIAL Bands. Love REVCO BTW, and I have seen Lords in concert a couple times, tho I could take em or leave em. Sounds like you have good taste in music tho.... :D
Sorry, I think its called electronica or somthing but techno is what I call all that stuff. Do you like KMFDM?

Bassically anything hard or heavy rock and lately finding myself listening to oldies (70's rock) But nothing while i am training ....

I like a variety...but I must admit I spent the summers of 1986-1995 on Dead tour.

Mostly 80's metal, and bands that held true to the concept.
Running Wild, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian,, King Diamond.

New-Age:
Enya, David Arkenstone, Yanni.

Certain composers:
Joe Hisaishi, Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt

Filkers:
Heather Alexander, Leslie Fish, Joe Bethancourt, Bob Kanefsky

Also, John Valby. :)

Currently listening to the "Pirates of the Caribbean" soundtrack...very martial sound. :)

I hate King Diamond with a purple passion! please choose another favoirite. I think Queensreich is for King Diamond fans that are bored with that whole worshipping the devil thing; however, opera metal is the devil.

Queensryche....ahh yes....

I own originals of Operation Mindcrime. CD, Vinyl and Cassete. Also, vhs and dvd versions of Operation LiveCrime. :)

Also, add in Manowar. :)

For the 'operetic' fans, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody and Lucia Turelle (sp). All do some incredible orchestretic stuff with a fantasy feeling.
:D

Hey Kaith, "Other bands play, Man-o-War kills!" The greatest metal band ever. "Providence brought us the crown and the ring, covered with blood and our pride!" :knight: :viking1:

Hey touchodeath, have you ever heard the KMFDM remixes of White Zombie, "Thunder Kiss" and "Black Sunshine". The only album I ever bought of theirs was "Juke. . . " How 'bout a little Aphix Twin?

Here's a question, what is everyone's guilty pleasure music? Although I sometimes have a hard admitting it I love DMB/David Grey/John Mayer.

:uhoh:

I like Enya, Yanni, DC Talk, Newsboys, Micheal W. Smith, movie sound tracks (example-The Lord of the Rings), No Doubt, Def Lepard, and Aerosmith. I'm sure I'm probably missing a few but I can't think.
disco2.gif
kopfhoerer.gif

Robyn
gitarre2.gif
band.gif

Ah yes!! Thanks!! How could I have forgotten DC Talk and Newsboys?!! Silly me.......also Geoff Moore, Journey, Abba (guilty pleasure)..........and on and on and on................Can't forget the great 70's and 80's music of my youth either!!

:asian: :karate:

Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
Do you like KMFDM?

KMFDM Rules...

Here's my list o' some favoirites in no particular order:

Sisters of Mercy
KMFDM
Apoptygma Berzerk
VnV Nation
Ministry
TKK
Sex Pistols
Revco
PTP
Ramones
TSOL
Psykosonik
Rammstein

And My Guilty Pleasure is:

WEIRD AL

Kaith: I didnt know anyone else LISTENED to Helloween! That rocks...

German metals on my favs list. :) The Swedish and Danish are close seconds.

Course, I'll also happily listen to Maiden, Priest and a few others. :)

Back