KT:A question to the Senior's concerning Nunchaku Set...

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
A question to the Senior's concerning Nunchaku Set...
By Richard Baarspul - Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:49:00 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

This is a question to the seniors (especially the ones who trained personally with Mr. Parker).
For a long time I am wondering about the existence of the Nunchaku set. In Ed Parker’s Infinite Insights Into Kenpo volume 5 there is a reference to the Nunchaku set in the Web Of Knowledge, but nobody ever (whom I asked) could tell me what the set was about. I do have Ed Parker’s guide to the Nunchaku but there is no reference to the set in that book.
Lee Wedlake states in his book Kenpo Karate 201 on page 4 that: Ed Parker never developed or required a Nunchaku set. Strange though, since it was one requirement for third degree black belt according to the WOK.
Recently I found out that the Lamkin brothers teach the Nunchaku and they claim that Ed Parker himself did developed this set and he even developed a Nunchaku set # 2, only he never published that one somewhere. But the Lamkin brothers do also teach that one if preferred. Now, I do have the feeling that the Lamkin Brother really know their stuff and they are very serious when it comes to leave mr. Parkers art the way he left it when he passed away. I don’t see why they would make up something concerning this set. But then why are there so many different stories concerning this set??

Who can shed a light on this topic, because (from a historic view) I am really curious about the background story
concerning the Nunchaku set.

Thanks in advance and mahalo,

Richard Baarspul

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed