Movie reboots you would like to see

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Saw the other thread on the Highlander and thought it would be fun to have a thread to discuss movies that you would actually like to see remade.

My choice would be Flash Gordon. I really liked the first one, but I think with special effects now it could be awesome.

rainesr

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I far more appreciate a new movie, not a remake, not a reboot, just something new.

~Rob

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I far more appreciate a new movie, not a remake, not a reboot, just something new.

~Rob
Reboots are great. Sometimes, they give new life to old characters. Sometimes, they take great ideas and execute them better.

Hollywood isn't running out of new ideas. There are tons of original movies being made all the time. I shudder to think of where the Western genre would be if Sergio Leone was reluctant to borrow shamelessly.

Personally, I'd like to see a reboot of the Tarzan series that is closer to its ERB origins.

Flash Gordon would be great, too. And I'd LOVE to see Daredevil given a "do over."

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As to re-doing some of the old classics, I'd love to see Quatermass redone with special effects of the present day; even with the effects of the day, Quatermass and the Pit scared the bejezzus out of me as a kid :lol:.

[yt]XTiZJFRRlwE[/yt]

Them! was also a personal favourite:

[yt]q2PLls02gOU[/yt]

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Am I the only person alive who likes the Daredevil movie the way it is?

Yes. Yes you are.
I'm not sure about movies, but I'd really like to see a reboot of the Kung Fu TV series. That would be something!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've had Clint Eastwood on the brain recently ;)

I would LOVE to see a remake of the Eiger Sanction...heck I'd like to storyboard it myself...not sure if I have the talent though....
The action scenes on the mountain were amazing. It's a shame the back story was a bit ridiculous...with a few tweaks, that could be a great story of adventure and intrigue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Destroyer

Yes! Logan's Run too. (Rumor is Ryan Gosling for that within a few years--mixed feelings there.) We desperately need a good Dune and maybe a more serious Starship Troopers.

These are cases where the book(s) have not been well done the first time or, as in Starship Troopers, the take on it was very particular. But overall, unless they have a new way of envisioning it or are re-interpreting the source (like in Total Recall--although I didn't like the recent one they did take it in a different direction), then I don't really want remakes of things already out there. Most have sucked, it seems.

kitkatninja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Robocop and... The rest of the conan movies. While I do enjoy the ones with Arnie in them, the remake of Conan was excellent :)

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Apparently Robocop is being rebooted and Marvel are trying to get the rights back on Daredevil so it could be possible that a new movie could be in the works. :)

SuperFLY

Green Belt
Reaction score
Robocop and... The rest of the conan movies. While I do enjoy the ones with Arnie in them, the remake of Conan was excellent :)

eugh.. was absolute garbage!

it wasnt conan, might as well have called it ronan and had it as a different movie. story was non existent, acting was terrible...

think we'll have to disagree on that one..

OP
punisher73

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am I the only person alive who likes the Daredevil movie the way it is?

I actually liked the director's cut of the movie alot better, there were alot of transition scenes in it that made the movie flow better and make more sense.

OP
punisher73

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would love to see them remake Spenser for Hire. I had read somewhere that Mr. Parker was in talks to do just that before he passed away. But, I also think that Spenser is one of those characters that no one is going to like 100% in a movie/book because of how he was written.

OP
punisher73

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes. Yes you are.
I'm not sure about movies, but I'd really like to see a reboot of the Kung Fu TV series. That would be something!

You mean like Kung Fu: The Legend Continues? :asian:

That show was very cheesey

OP
punisher73

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

~Rob

For the most part, me too. I also think that some movies should NEVER be attempted to be remade because they were such an instant classic.
Others I think were good movies, but could be updated or retold.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I actually liked the director's cut of the movie alot better, there were alot of transition scenes in it that made the movie flow better and make more sense.

We said exactly that as we left the theater, dissatisfied--it was obviously butchered.

Yes on RoboCop which is due for an update. (Can we get Marvel to do Deathlok?) Daredevil? Love the comic, but after that debacle...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see a remake of the Eiger Sanction...heck I'd like to storyboard it myself...not sure if I have the talent though....
The action scenes on the mountain were amazing. It's a shame the back story was a bit ridiculous...with a few tweaks, that could be a great story of adventure and intrigue.

Great film--I love it! There's a sequel to the book, too (The Loo Sanction).

Latest Discussions