Morgan Freeman calls Herman Cain a racist

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this little video clip Morgan freeman calls the tea partymembers racists because they want to kick obama out after only one term. He says it is because he is a black guy. Well, as a tea party supporter myself, I will speak for the tea partiers and say that it is Obamas policies on healthcare, taxes, spending, corruption, immigration and foreign policy that makes me and them want him to only serve one term. His race has nothing to do with it. Someone might want to tell Morgan freeman that one of the favorite candidates of the tea party is Herman Cain, a black guy, and the tea party would gladly put Herman Cain into office within minutes of Obama vacating that office, if not seconds...I also think that Herman cain is a member of the tea party and so...Morgan Freeman is calling him a racist.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/hollywoodland/2011/09/23/morgan-freeman-calls-tea-party-racist/

Herman Cain and the tea party:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...esidential-live-straw-poll-at-phoenix-summit/

Morgan freeman might want to discuss racism and the democrat party with Alfonso Rachel, another tea party member...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
To be a little bit more accurate, it is because he is a far left, democrat who has all the wrong policies. But thanks for the thought Steve Bjj, at least you understand it isn't about race.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
While confident that some of you guys are racists, it's pretty clear that you don't like Obama because he's a Democrat.

I wonder, though... it seems like you're expecting people here to try and explain to you why Morgan Freeman said something. Only person who can tell you what he's got in mind is him. Maybe you should send him (or his agent/publicist/pr firm) an email.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
To be a little bit more accurate, it is because he is a far left, democrat who has all the wrong policies. But thanks for the thought Steve Bjj, at least you understand it isn't about race.
Yeah, well, that's the funny thing about political opinions, but sure. I get that it's not racial... at least, not for most. I'm sure there are some die hard bigots out there unwilling to vote for a black dude, but I can't imagine there are many.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

Hard to tell from that picture, so probably not as racist as these apparently are:

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is just more of the trend. If someone from the left says/does something stupid it is posted asap in an attempt to show how stupid the left is or to justify bad behavior from the right. Morgan Freeman said something you don't agree with. He doesn't make policy, running for office, or in politics, so why exactly is it something we need to know?

Obama has shown he is far left only if you are from the fringe far right. Don't believe it? Go talk to some true far left people. You'll see they have almost as much issue with him as the far right, because he is not implementing a far left agenda. In fact, much of the legislation many from the right says they have issue with, contain many things originally proposed by Republicans. That tends to make Obama more centrist. Face it, most of the problem the right has with him is he isn't thier guy.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, as a tea party supporter myself, I will speak for the tea partiers and say that it is Obamas policies on healthcare, taxes, spending, corruption, immigration and foreign policy that makes me and them want him to only serve one term.

Highlighting one item, you clearly have no idea what Obama's actual policies are. "The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency expects to deport about 400,000 people this fiscal year, nearly 10 percent above the Bush administration's 2008 total and 25 percent more than were deported in 2007. The pace of company audits has roughly quadrupled since President George W. Bush's final year in office." LINK

So it sounds like not only do you have no idea what Obama's policies are, you have no interest in finding out. The strawman in your head is convenient enough.

Since you aren't interested in the actual policies, what is your reason? This right here is the very reason the motives of the tea party and other conservatives are suspect. They aren't based on fact.

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
you clearly have no idea what Obama's actual policies are.
They aren't based on fact.
Yup ya got me on that one, I sure don't have a clue ( I really don't think he does either). He keeps saying "let me be clear" he would'nt have to say that if he'd just post it on the net and give us time to read it before it's acted upon.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/08/dream-act-students-cheer-obamas-immigration-enforcement-policy.html

The news that the Obama administration was planning to halt virtually all deportations of Dream Act students and possibly their families drew cheers and applause from several students and immigrant rights activists who gathered at the downtown Los Angeles office of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles."This is huge," said Angelica Salas, executive director of the coalition, which has long lobbied for the measures announced Thursday. "This is wonderful for all the families who are currently facing deportation."​

http://www.miamiimmigrationlawyersblog.com/2011/08/obama-administration-halting-d.html

And his ILLEGAL immigration policies are what...? I highlight the word ILLEGAL, because people who think that anyone against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is a racist always overlook the ILLEGAL part of ILLEGAL immigration.

Hmmm...300,000 non-violent ILLEGALS, plus all the students brought here ILLEGALLY, SHOULD PUT THE TOTAL AT ABOUT 400,OOO, you were saying empty hands?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
so a black guy is taking up for another back guy and accusing anyone that isnt for the black guy of being racist, we....color me shocked

apparently for Mr Freeman, race is the first, last and only thing he considers.

one more actor i wont be spednign my money on.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Add to that Obamacare, his alienation of Israel and Britain, his love of increasing taxes and increasing spending and you have about all the reasons the tea party needs to want him gone and Herman Cain or any other republican in the office and none of that has anything to do with race.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know, the people who invested in the dolphin movie out this week must be really annoyed with Morgan Freeman. They pay him all that money to be in their film, and he goes out and intentionally insults the very people who one, like Morgan Freeman in general, or used to, and two are the specific target audience for a family movie like the dolphin movie. If I was a producer I would be pretty irritated.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, and his making fun of the people who want to put a fence on the border, you know, the border where the mexican drug dealers are hanging the disemboweled bodies of bloggers, and killing border agents with guns provided by the Obama administration thru operation Gun Runner...perhaps that is part of the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION policy that some people object to...? Hmmm...empty hands?

Monroe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You know, the people who invested in the dolphin movie out this week must be really annoyed with Morgan Freeman. They pay him all that money to be in their film, and he goes out and intentionally insults the very people who one, like Morgan Freeman in general, or used to, and two are the specific target audience for a family movie like the dolphin movie. If I was a producer I would be pretty irritated.

Are you saying most of the people that would want to watch a family movie are republican?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't worry either Steve Bjj. I don't think that all democrats supported the slavery, jim crow laws and civil rights abuses of the democrat parties history or it's current soft racism of denying African american citizens the chance of a good education by keeping them trapped in horrible inner city schools. And I don't believe that all democrats were members of the Ku Klux Klan either. It is interesting to note, the democrat group, the Ku Klux Klan, the real racist group, had and has no African American members, (except for Dave Chapelle's one character) but the tea party is full of African Americans....Hmmm...which political party has more of a history of racism at all levels...?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, but there are a lot of people who are conservative, or republicans or tea party members who were just insulted by Morgan Freeman who won't take their families to see that movie. I was going to take a relatives kid to see it tomorrow...now that isn't going to happen. Why would you insult such a large portion of your potential audience, especially at a time when box office receipts are at an all time low?

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
No, but there are a lot of people who are conservative, or republicans or tea party members who were just insulted by Morgan Freeman who won't take their families to see that movie. I was going to take a relatives kid to see it tomorrow...now that isn't going to happen. Why would you insult such a large portion of your potential audience, especially at a time when box office receipts are at an all time low?

I cannot believe the children that would like to see this movie would identify themselves as either a republican or democrat, or liberal or conservative. They don't give two squirts of warm pee about the tea party, Morgan Freeman or Herman Cain. They just want to see the movie. If the parents will deny their child something that makes them happy, then that says tons about the parents. It does not matter whom is elected. Whether democrat, republican or tea party, you are still gonna get screwed by the politicos.

Last edited:

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
We give a damn what actors say now? Next thing you know we'll be quoting musicians, painters and plumbers to make headlines.

I'm a musician and even I don't give a damn what my opinion in ... and that's me!

Latest Discussions