Modern Arnis Symposium

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by DoctorB

Good Morning to All,

I would like to report the following updates on the 2003 Modern Arnis Symposium:

The training site will be at the Erie Community College City Campus Fieldhouse, in Buffalo, NY - July 11, 12 and 13, 2003.
We will have the Gymnasium floor and Mini-Gym for training and that will allow us to put three (3) to four (4) instructors on the floor per hourly teaching segment. I am working on the basic teaching schedule right now and I am trying to insure that each instructor will have a minimum of 3 teaching opportunities during the weekend. Therefore the attendees will have ample opportunities to see each instructor at least once during the weekend. The general teaching hours will be 6 - 9pm Friday, July 11, 9am - 6pm, Saturday, July 12 and 9am - 1 pm, Sunday, July 13.

The fee schedule for the Symposim event itself, excluding lodging will be as follows:

$250 if paid in January & February 2003; $100 deposit
$300 if paid in March & April 2003; $125 deposit
$350 if paid in May & June 2003; $150 deposit
$400 at the Door
Group rates for 5 - 9 and 10+ will be available upon request.
There are no price exceptions - do not ask.
Deposits are acceptable during each of the 2 month payment blocks and these deposits will be non-refundable.

As soon as the paper work is signed for the lodging, I will forward that information to this forum, along with the block registration ID numbers. Please be aware that I have been able to secure only 135 rooms for double occupancy, at three hotels within the city.
Buffalo is going to overrun with conventions and the Empire State Games in June, July and early August, therefore each person who is planning to attend the Modern Arnis Symposium will have to make their room accomedations at least ten (10) days PRIOR to July 1 or the group/block reservations will be closed and a much higher individual daily rate will apply.

The first hotel to give us a group rate is the Holiday Inn, Downtown, in Buffalo, NY. The rate is $99 for a double and $109 for a triple occupancy. The group rate is listed under "Modern Arnis Symposium".

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.