how about regional symposium?

thekuntawman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
this is a message i sent to docB, and he wanted to see what everybody thinks about it. you know how some fraternity have local meetings, then they get together once a year? in a different city each year? some people can make this one or that one, but it can help people go to the one closest to them. anyway, its just an idea i had.

mustafa gatdula

>From: "thekuntawman"
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: symposium idea
>Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:05:26 -0400
>
>This is a message from thekuntawman at MartialTalk.Com ( http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/index.php ). The MartialTalk.Com owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.
>
>To email thekuntawman, you can use this online form:
>http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/member.php?action=mailform&userid=203
>
>OR, by email:
>mailto:[email protected]
>
>This is the message:
>
>docB,
>have you considered to have one of those symposiums on the west coast also? for the people who cant go out to new york?
>
>how about 4 or 5 small ones by a different region, and then have one big one for everyone, that moves from city to city each year? each region can have a different host (school owner) each time, to give everyone a chance to share the expenses of promoting the symposium?
>
>just some thought i had.
>
>peace and blessings
>mustafa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protect your PC

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think that Dr. Barbers idea was to have someone else take the torch for a symposium next year, possibly a west coast person. Then someone else the following year, etc. etc.

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't think a Symposium for the west coast would be a bad idea if the first one comes off well. I think it will come off well, by the way.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by thekuntawman
this is a message i sent to docB, and he wanted to see what everybody thinks about it. you know how some fraternity have local meetings, then they get together once a year? in a different city each year? some people can make this one or that one, but it can help people go to the one closest to them. anyway, its just an idea i had.

mustafa gatdula

>From: "thekuntawman"
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: symposium idea
>Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:05:26 -0400
>
>This is a message from thekuntawman at MartialTalk.Com ( http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/index.php ). The MartialTalk.Com owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.
>
>To email thekuntawman, you can use this online form:
>http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/member.php?action=mailform&userid=203
>
>OR, by email:
>mailto:[email protected]
>
>This is the message:
>
>docB,
>have you considered to have one of those symposiums on the west coast also? for the people who cant go out to new york?
>
>how about 4 or 5 small ones by a different region, and then have one big one for everyone, that moves from city to city each year? each region can have a different host (school owner) each time, to give everyone a chance to share the expenses of promoting the symposium?
>
>just some thought i had.
>
>peace and blessings
>mustafa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protect your PC

I responded by saying that it is good idea, go for it.
I will not be doing another Symposium, but I will teach at one if invited.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by DoctorB
I responded by saying that it is good idea, go for it.
I will not be doing another Symposium, but I will teach at one if invited.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

Translation: I want to still have hair. :)

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Translation: I want to still have hair. :)

Actually the correct translation is:

I really never intended to do more than once.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.