MMA Sparring partners?

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering how to hook up with a sparring partner for my hubbie in the DFW area. Anyone know a MMA gym where he could go and get sparring practice for a nominal fee?
He doen't want to really join to train MMA just needs big fellows to spar with.
Just wondering if any here were from Texas and/or knew of a good gym that allows this? Or what would be the protocol to asking when going into a MMA gym?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was wondering how to hook up with a sparring partner for my hubbie in the DFW area. Anyone know a MMA gym where he could go and get sparring practice for a nominal fee?
He doen't want to really join to train MMA just needs big fellows to spar with.
Just wondering if any here were from Texas and/or knew of a good gym that allows this? Or what would be the protocol to asking when going into a MMA gym?

There is a place in Arlington about a twenty minute driv eoff of 360 and Abrams called Bullsido Martial Arts, they have plenty of big willing to roll anytime. Tell em I sent you OK.

OP
Si-Je

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering too, if it was true that you have to be a member of a MMA club to compete in MMA cage fights? Or can you just try out so to speak for a cage fight?

We were kinda hoping for a MMA gym in Dallas or surrounding areas. I know the hold a few fights out here in Garland (and further east of Dallas).

OP
Si-Je

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah! just looked up Bushido martial arts. Hubbie's sparred with Justin Rose's students years ago. We'd love to go back, he's a good guy. It's just too far from where we live now in Dallas.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah! just looked up Bushido martial arts. Hubbie's sparred with Justin Rose's students years ago. We'd love to go back, he's a good guy. It's just too far from where we live now in Dallas.

Yes Justin is a great guy, call him he will be able to help I am sure of it.

Latest Discussions