Misheard Lyrics

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Another one I tripped over for A LONG time was Peter Gabriel's Games Without Frontiers. The repeated lines are Jeux Sans Frotières?? I always thought they were "She's so popular!" :blush: :blush:
I always thought it was "She is so ****ing weird." :lol2:

Billy Joel - "You may be right" - when I was a youngster, I recall this tune being played on the radio while I was in the car with my mom. As she tells it, I'd sing along with as many as I could, and with the Billy Joel song in question, when he sings "Told you dirty jokes until you smiled", I'd sing "Fed you dirty toast until you smiled."

This still cracks her up.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I was a DJ this girl bugged me for about a hour to play the song "I Am-The-Chief" ..I told her I didn't have it..Your a liar she said because you played it last week,,I made her attempt to sing a couple of bars..The song was tiltled "High Energy"....

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who can forget the french part in "Michelle" "now she's going to play a monkey song, play monkey song" or John Lennons "Ahh bawa cowa Pu..." (never mind)
Sean

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My bud who is a DJ for a local classic rock station told me this one: He recieved a call from a young male asking for the "Reefer" song..My friend really knows his play list couldn't figure it out..The guy sounded a little wasted so my friend said "Can you tell me the lyrics?" "Yeah dude",they sing about don't be afraid of reefer"...The song is "Don't fear the reaper" my frined said.."Oh wow bummer",the voice said and hung up...LOL

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
At the end of Dave Matthew's Crash into Me, my wife kept thinking that he was chanting "Rice-A-Roni". Now whenever I hear that song, that is what I hear him say too.