Military photos of the Twin Towers

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob those are some fantastic shots of a very bad day in America history. All I can think of is my cousen who died that day. The memory will always be one of the darkness time for some. You have to stop and think why and then think why are we still fighting oversea's. I wish I could express what my feeling truely are. :asian: I bow my head for all the men and Ladys who gave there life that day.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lord I remember that day. I looked at those pictures the same way I looked at the television - I couldn't tear my eyes away.

... sometimes there just are no words ...

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
These are a wonderful set of pictures that capture the tragic events of 9/11. Things like this are good to share and should be shared so that we, as a country and a worldly community will never forget what happened.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are a wonderful set of pictures that capture the tragic events of 9/11. Things like this are good to share and should be shared so that we, as a country and a worldly community will never forget what happened.

That's the important bit, not forgetting. As time goes by events seem smaller and less probable so we forget how huge and tragic they were and it just becomes a blur in history. These photos remind us of the scale of that day.

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bob those are some fantastic shots of a very bad day in America history.

That was a very bad day for the history of the whole world.

Lord I remember that day. I looked at those pictures the same way I looked at the television - I couldn't tear my eyes away.

There are things that the brain really struggles to absorb. It just seems so improbable. I think its one of those events where everyone remembers where they were.

The world must never forget what happened there.

I cant find words to say what I think about terrorism.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Humans forget things because to remember is to be hurt, it's a self defence mechanism. However we need to be forcibly reminded every so often of certain things so that we can do our best to make sure they don't happen again.
With the lost of a loved one the pain recedes in time so that we can think of that person with love instead of constant pain but when you lose someone in this way it's hard to reach that point, knowing that they are not forgotten by people and they are in our thoughts and prayers goes some way to helping.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That was such a bad day, like a thousand bad days in one. All those poor people jumping, and worse - landing, the confusion and panic and overpowering stench of jet fuel everywhere. It was like a nightmare but so much more surreal, and all in that pre-coffee semi haze of just getting in to work. No logic anywhere, just insanity and absolute impossibility and improbability all around you filling every sense and smacking you in the face at once in crazy overload. No one knew what to do or what was happening, everything was just a guess and impulse reaction and fear and shock. It's going to be with me again all weekend now at least. It's so tough to let go of once it gets back in your head.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was reading today about the aerial bombing of London in the autobiography of an American stationed there in the early 1940s as a scientific liason. We sort of got it all in one day instead of over a sustained period. It's hard to describe the shock of it.

Latest Discussions