Michael Moore

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Claiming that people have gone through with a fine-tuned comb and saying they haven't found anything wrong is a lie. Plain and simple.

If such a statement was true, these sites combing through and showing the falsities would not exist:

http://fahrenhype911.com/

http://moorelies.com/book/

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fif...renheit-911.htm

etc etc ad nauseum...

Or could it be that Moore just hasn't heard about it all? Please..

Honestly, Jay?? This topic has been discussed before (on at least two different threads), and the general consensus seemed to be that the moorelies sites, among others, were mostly comprised of bunk.

As for me, I don't care enough about Moore to get into it (I personally think he's an SOB myself, even if I may agree with some of his politics). I'm sure one of his supporters will pop in eventually to tackle the issue.

As always, have a good 'un. :asian:

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything at all substantial in the backing of Moore to prove squat. Looking line by line at the issues he brings up in his films, the "facts" conveyed are pretty easy to check on. The Pentagraph was splendid, I must say. Things are shown to prove Moore wrong, documentation as well as context information he decided to leave on the editing room floor...not sure how bunk can come into play very well.

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

Jay Bell said:
I haven't seen anything at all substantial in the backing of Moore to prove squat. Looking line by line at the issues he brings up in his films, the "facts" conveyed are pretty easy to check on. The Pentagraph was splendid, I must say. Things are shown to prove Moore wrong, documentation as well as context information he decided to leave on the editing room floor...not sure how bunk can come into play very well.
You haven't seen because you haven't looked. Many articles by credible news sources have reported the facts within F9/11. Or for that matter, the F9/11 commission report.

I'd sit here and debunk each of the links you provide to right-wing wacko sites, and opinions, but why should I put forth all that effort so that the blind may remain blind? I could go through and provide credible proof that would debunk almost everything those sites and those authors claim, but you wouldn't read it if I did.

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow...got me pegged pretty well, yeah?

You haven't seen because you haven't looked.

Wrong. Very wrong. I'm not a mindless zombie that follows the 'right' just because it's right. I gave Moore the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. Snap judgements on issues such as these aren't my piece of pie. I save my snap judgements for other things.

Or for that matter, the F9/11 commission report.

That worries me. My copy of the Commision Report is lying on my bedstand, finished about two weeks ago. It was said Commision Report that helped me understand Moore's guesswork.

I'd sit here and debunk each of the links you provide to right-wing wacko sites, and opinions, but why should I put forth all that effort so that the blind may remain blind?

Because you don't have a leg to stand on without doing it?

I could go through and provide credible proof that would debunk almost everything those sites and those authors claim, but you wouldn't read it if I did.

Again, don't assume that you understand my line of thinking because I seem to lean a different way from you. You post, I'll read....intently.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now, now, TKD... play nice. Just cuz Jay disagrees with you doesn't make him "blind" (whatever that's supposed to mean).

May I ask why?

Sure, random.

Michael Moore is, in my opinion, a self-righteous windbag. While in many cases he has some validity to what he's trying to do, his problem is that he views himself as some kind of great moral leader or representative of the generation.

In many ways, his books and documentaries are as much intended to put himself on some kind of pedestal as they are to ousting Bush.

Personally, I like political morality tempered with a nice batch of humble pie. :asian:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
Now, now, TKD... play nice. Just cuz Jay disagrees with you doesn't make him "blind" (whatever that's supposed to mean).

Sure, random.

Michael Moore is, in my opinion, a self-righteous windbag. While in many cases he has some validity to what he's trying to do, his problem is that he views himself as some kind of great moral leader or representative of the generation.

In many ways, his books and documentaries are as much intended to put himself on some kind of pedestal as they are to ousting Bush.

Personally, I like political morality tempered with a nice batch of humble pie. :asian:

Well said... :asian:

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

Ok, Jay, I have to concede. My previous message was a bit venomous. I'll concede that not all the sources you provide are pure right-wing nut jobs. Although I can refute some of the claims in some of them ;)

Most of what I read in your links, was really inconsequential to what I got out of F-9/11. I know that Moore is definitely a windbag, and frankly F-9/11 is the only work of Moore that I've ever seen/read.

My apologies to you sir, for my attack on your character. I've gotten so used to seeing so many people make arguments based on talk radio pundits, that I myself became blinded.

When I have some time this weekend, I'm still gonna take some of those items from your links and address them, just for the sake of argument.

Again, my apologies for my closed-mindedness :asian:

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Heh. Looks like someone actually gave me some negative points for my second post on this thread.

Geez, all I was doing was reporting the overall consensus of prior discussions concerning Moore. No need to get yer panties in a wad. :rolleyes:

OP
B

Baytor

That's really just silly. It's like my newest pet peave...trashing someone else's political sign. I don't care if I don't agree with everything someone says, they still have the right to express it. Not only is it juvenile and counterproductive, it's encouraging the repression of a dissenting opinion. I may not like Moore much personally , but I respect his right to state his opinion.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
Heh. Looks like someone actually gave me some negative points for my second post on this thread.

Geez, all I was doing was reporting the overall consensus of prior discussions concerning Moore. No need to get yer panties in a wad. :rolleyes:

I got the same for agreeing with ya... :idunno:

I don't think I'm looking trollish these days...

OP
R

Ronald R. Harbers

My Grandmother would say that Michael Moore is a "Drooping Lily".