Michael Moore has gone into hiding....

M

Melissa426

:idunno:

Dumb question...What does "sniping" mean?

Thanks

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, it's not a dumb question at all.

Sniping:

Sniping is insulting, backbiting, insinuation, or other hidden rude behavior. Caustic, Condesending, or challenging credentials off the topic when they are not pertinent to the discussion.

M

MisterMike

Actually looks like Michael Moore has gone on a cruise from this newsgroup posting.

We at Carnival Cruise Lines: didn't forget that a lot of entertainers had promised to leave the country if George W.Bush were to be re-elected President.

With that in mind, we have a Special Offer for those who still want to keep their promise!

Attention: Would Alec Baldwin, Rosie O'Donnell and her wife, Ed Asner, Janeane Garafalo, Whoppi Goldberg, Al Franken, Michael Moore and his personal groomer, Cher and her vocal therapist, Phil Donahue, Rob Reiner(apparently still a "meathead"), Barbara Streisand (who has a nose for these outcomes), Jane Fonda, Vietnamese Ambassador to the U.S., Pierre Salinger, as well as the entire staffs of the LA and NY Times and anyone else who made that promise, please dispose of all US assets and report to Florida for the sailing of the Funship Cruise, "Elation," which has been commissioned to take you to your new vacation homes in Afghanistan.

You may opt to be dropped off in Somalia or Iraq.

The Florida Supreme Court will sponsor a Farewell Parade in your honor through Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties prior to your cruise.

Please pack for an extended stay... at least four more years.

Note: Since you advocate strict gun control, you may not bring any, but then with Jane Fonda along you won't need any.

Staffing your voyage is Bill Clinton as captain, Al Gore as cruise director, Grey Davis, Purser Terry Heinz Kerry hopefully will be kept somewhere below decks away from the media.

Monica Lewinsky as the "Cigar and Cigarette Girl",

Entertainment by the Dixie Chicks and Bruce Springsteen, John Kerry will be our Life Guard in consideration of his past experience in pulling people out of the water. (Unless he decides at the last minute not to go) He is advocating the ellimination of the game "shuffleboard" in favor of his new game he calls "waffleboard". Be sure to pack your flip flops as you will need them! while playing.

Ted Kennedy will double as Bartender and Director of Emergency Procedures and as a buoy as required.

Rev. Al Sharpton will provide inspirational services, and Ex-Congressman Gary Condit as intern coordinator.

If you have any questions about making arrangements for your homes, friends and loved ones, please direct your comments to Senator Hillary Clinton. Her village, paid for by the United States, can raise your children while you're gone, and she can watch over all your money and your furnishings until you return.

"Bon Voyage!"

Is this a great country or what? It's called freedom of Speech

Hehe..I got a chuckle.

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Jeff Boler said:
Uh...I think you forget the fact that Clinton was offered Bin Laden on multiple occassion, and refused. So.....had Clinton done his job, 9-11 may have never happened.

I believe this nonsense has already been refuted handily on this very board.

That's the selective memory that the Democratic party has....

:whip:

It ain't the dems with the memory issues. You guys need to stop rewriting history. Next thing you know, you'll be claiming that Clinton is actually bin Laden in disguise.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I can't say as I would have taken the same route as Bush by going into Iraq..

Sorry for the typeo, my bad. it should say can't

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
michael moore gone into hiding...? oh no, he was aiding in the clean-up efforts of a tanker spill :idunno:

Tanker Spills Liquid Chocolate on Highway
Part of a highway in the Finger Lakes region was closed for five hours Thursday evening after a tanker truck crashed, spilling 45,000 pounds of slippery liquid chocolate that hardened

State Police said there were no serious injuries in the crash shortly after 5 p.m. A road grader was used to scrape the northbound lanes of Interstate 390.

Truck driver Bert Nestlrode, 46, of Ephrata, Pa., swerved to avoid a deer, the truck rolled over and the tanker split, police said. He was treated at a hospital for cuts and bruises and no tickets were issued.

The syrup also covered a bridge and a car on another road below. The truck, from M&M Mars. Co. in Elizabethtown, Pa., carried liquid used to make milk chocolate.

"It smelled like a Hershey bar," Groveland Fire Chief Lloyd Butler said. "There was a lot of chocolate, but no peanuts."

Groveland is 36 miles southwest of Rochester.

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
lol...this is all so funny to me. We are all stupid for choosing sides based on party alone. How many of you bashing democrats are republican, how many democrats are bashing republicans. This is just dumb. Do your own research...then throw it out you know why...because it is going to be written by a republican and or a democrat...hence it will be bias. Don't just go with what your party is...go with your gut...then you know what you may have to throw that out because you may already be bias...I think you get my point.

Look at it this way even if Clinton did sit then why is the war in Iraq with this Administration. Bin Laden is not in Iraq. So you are giving up American lives to go after the wrong country/person. You are arguing that Clinton could have gotten Osma...but do you know for sure without a doubt that he had all the information. Just like Bush probably doesn't have all the information. Go after Bin Laden and make that your concentration not Iraq.

Bush has the worst record for the enviroment the earnings of American citizens have never gone down as much as it has under Bush. Except one other time the first Bush. Why do we overlook this fact a lot of the time.

Okay if you choose to go to war would you give great amounts of tax cuts? I wouldn't if there was a surplus and I went to war I would hope that surplus would help in the payment of the war. The American people are paying for this war not the government.

Okay another thing is that lying for a reason to go to war is an impeachable offense. Clinton lied about sex which is a person matter. War is a national matter (although the war in Iraq is a personal matter for George number 1). There are no ties to Al Queda and no weapons of mass destruction...so should we be at war with Iraq...Why couldn't we impeach bush...well simple the majority of both the house and senate is Republican and they would never impeach someone from their party (same goes for democrats).

Does it concern anyone that Bush has oil interests...Does it concern anyone that Bush is not going full heartedly after Bin Laden...Does it concern anyone that the forcast for the economy are puposely being over estimated to make it look like Bushes plans are working for the economy. I don't call having to barrow 142 billion in the first quarter an economic recovery. Bin Laden wants to bankrupt the United States...could he know George Bush more than even George Bush knows himself.

Al Queda, and Bin Laden were around even before Clinton. So whose fault is it. America is at fault for letting politicians control the nation and not allow American citizens decide what we should do...if you look at it we do not get to decide much in the presidential race...only between two major canidates whom neither one represents the true American citizen.

I don't think Bush is the man to lead this country but you know what I don't think there is a politician that is right for the job...they all lie, they all cheat, and they all brainwash people to see things incorrectly. What can we do...well not much unless we get a canidate who is an American not a politician from America.
My opinions of course may be bias you may disagree with some of my logic...but keep an open mind before bashing it...look deep into yourself and you may realize no president is ever totally right for this country because this country has way to many people and life has way to many circumstances.

One other thing is...why bash the president...why not bash the ideas not the person...it gets personal way to many times....I agreed with one thing I heard Kerry say in a documentary. A media person asked if he were elected president what characture would he be seen as....for example Gore was considered "Boring" and Bush is considered "Dumb". Kerry remarked that the media was wrong for creating these charactures and he did not think Gore was stupid or that Bush was dumb... I have a lot more I could say but unless people have an open mind then it won't be worth writing. By the way I can argue points for and against probably any president.

Did you know that Adlai Stevenson would probably had won the Presidency if television debates were held then. My personal opinion is that each president did something good and each did something bad. We only ever concentrate on the bad when it comes down to most political arguements. Specially cross platform...a democrat is never going to commend a republican and a republican will never admit a democrat did something good.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Specially cross platform...a democrat is never going to commend a republican and a republican will never admit a democrat did something good.

Actually, when he was on the Daily Show, Bill Clinton stated he had a lot of respect for Sen. John McCain. :p

R

rmcrobertson

Hey, what's the difference between Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh?

No, not weight.

Michael Moore isn't a junkie.

R

rmcrobertson

Nope. Stand corrected, since Rush did not enter rehab for an Oxytocin addiction, and is not presently being investigated by the State of Florida for various abuses of possession of drugs.

Latest Discussions