Men make the world VIOLENT, Women make it full of SEX

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
No, not gotcha with the bonobos. Faux biology/ethnology summoned up to support patriarchal ideology is not the sort of stuff I consider convincing evidence.

But beware of TQM. What I've read is more...let's just say stuff, and anyway, wasn't this developed to manage Blue and Gold crews on navy missile subs?

I go for it when they give English teachers control of Trident IIIs.

Again, though, claiming that Thatcher and Ghandi weren't hyper-aggressive can only be supported if you ignore what everybody who ever worked with them had to say.
Obviously, TQM stuff has been repackaged in order to be applicable to business models. I remember the 'touchy feely shift' in NCO leadership training from when I first joined the USMC and when I went through ARMY NCO academy years later. It was exactly the same idea as what I was getting in TQM at work (Security Coordinator for an industrial/corporate site at the time) just reworded to fit the 'corporate culture.'

Women or men are equally capable of being a sinner or saint - gender aint the deciding factor.

R

rmcrobertson

My point would actually be that far from being touchy-feely or liberal in any sense, TQM is at its root a particular adaptation of Frederick Jackson Taylor's business management principles to military purposes, and a subsequent grafting of military ideology back into business.

This hardly reassures me.

P

PeachMonkey

rmcrobertson said:
My point would actually be that far from being touchy-feely or liberal in any sense, TQM is at its root a particular adaptation of Frederick Jackson Taylor's business management principles to military purposes, and a subsequent grafting of military ideology back into business.

None of this discussion of the history of TQM is accurate.

I'll take the discussion into a new thread.