me vs a drunk LEO !

Kenpo Missle 47

White Belt
Reaction score
a few years back at i was at a orange county bar with my girlfriend ( now wife ) just hanging out shooting some pool etc etc i go to the bathroom and come back and some dude is over here talking to my girl trying to get all cozy and as im walking up i hear my girl telling him im here with my boyfriend he just went to the bathroom , i here the dude say something like so what its alright , i walk up ask my girl if everything is alright and the guy stares me down , then he ask me in a disrespectful way : were you from ese ? im like what , just cause my hair is short and got a couple of tattoos on my arms he probably thought i was gang member or something i dont know ( think racially profiled me or it was becuase my girl is white and i was hispanic who knows ? ) my girl was like its alright we dont want no problems , i was just quite and he wouldnt stop starring me down , but it was apparent that the alcohol in him was begining to talk for him , he was saying things to provoke me and since i wouldnt answer him it was making him even more angry i guess , so we walk out of the place head for the parking lot my girl starts up the car , here comes dude now calling me out telling me to wait saying dont be a pXssy etc etc right before i get in the car he sord of runs up on me AND I ROCKED HIS CHIN i was getting ready to put major hands on him but my girl said dont do it get in the car as we were pulling out he started telling all the people watching to get down my plates or to stop me that he was a L.A.P.D. officer ( when i heard that i was oh no what have i done ) , we never went back to that bar ever... and avoid all drunks as best i can.

shima

K3NPO
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, yeah you never know who are you messing with, that's to be sure. Doesn't sound like this guy is a very high class of police officer though if he was picking a fight.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very possibly wasn't an officer at all. Even drunk, most I've known wouldn't act that way, and shout out that they were, perhaps inviting confrontation from others around. But you never know.

I like your last phrase, ... and avoid all drunks as best I can. Always avoiding confrontations when possible is best. Granted not always possible. Then other options must be explored.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I too stopped going to bars and associating with heavy drinkers (parties, small gathering, et al) ... mainly because I'm a recovering alcoholic but also because I got tired of the SOS that can be found in those places... no matter how high or low class or anywhere in between they may be. Alcohol is nice but as with many things should be in moderation. It's bad when it gets into excess and alters the personality of the person imbibing in it. Pity. If a person I know wants to have a beer or drink or two that's fine but when it gets to 4 or 5 or more then I'm finding other places to be.

Maybe the guy was a cop maybe he wasn't... you still had the right to defend yourself irregardless. Mostly because he wasn't on duty and was drunk and therefore not-in-his-right-mind. To me a badge should be respected but likewise a badge should respect.
Dip wad shouldn't been racially profiling you anyway.

BTW welcome to MT. :uhyeah:

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I got tired of the drama associated with drinkers, so I simply stay away from places where they are likely to be congregating. Bars are the most popular place for heavy drinkers to congregate, so guess what sort of establishments I no longer frequent?

Cop or no, he was in the wrong and you were in the right. Nice job!

And welcome to MT!

Daniel

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
sounds like you handled it well. and getting clear was a good thing.

he may have been LAPD or may not. I have known of drunk officers waving around their off duty weapons when drunk... the shocking thing is how little happened to them when they did!!!

Latest Discussions